• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Final Fantasy X-2 breaking tradition (1 Viewer)

S

Sheehan :)

well i've had a lot of my friends and foes tell me that FF X-2 is breaking tradition...well i think FF X itself broke tradition by extinguishing the level up system..so what do u think is change good or should squaresoft of stayed true

S

r0wlzii said:
No level up system, for one who hasnt played X pray tell what has replaced it.

well u rbasically given a board..ytes a board with like scores of abilities and powerups...as u gain experience points u can movwe ur way around the board and as u attain certain types of spheres u can learn the different majics, abilities or power up ur attack def etc

any way its just really really shit............not than 9 though

10 at least had a boss which u were lead up to

in 9 u were just given random boss

i was like arggggggggggggggggggggg

i hope no one sees my spam

god i must be bored............

Last edited by a moderator:

leathaface

There was level ups in FFX, it was just different, like the above post said it.

FFX2 wasn't really part of the franchise, it was just a sub-game, equivilant to that of a fan game. I don't consider it to be apart of the main series, just like Tactics.

You wanna know what's breaking tradition? Wait till you play FFXII... there are not more alternate screens for battles... so no screen shattering, and no victory poses, everything happens on the same screen.

S

leathaface said:
There was level ups in FFX, it was just different, like the above post said it.

FFX2 wasn't really part of the franchise, it was just a sub-game, equivilant to that of a fan game. I don't consider it to be apart of the main series, just like Tactics.

You wanna know what's breaking tradition? Wait till you play FFXII... there are not more alternate screens for battles... so no screen shattering, and no victory poses, everything happens on the same screen.

you gotta be kiddin............y is squaresoft tryin to better an already perfect system..........man

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
You may not realise that the Japanese never consider something perfect. You may think it's perfect because you're used to it, but they get feedback from a lot more people and it's likely that a lot of gamers had issues with elements of the game. So, they constantly try to improve.

Consider also that if they kept everything the same the games would cease to be interesting, and nobody would bother playing them anymore. Square needs to constantly innovate and produce new concepts to keep people interested.

SipSip

HSC
N/A
Lexicographer said:
You may not realise that the Japanese never consider something perfect. You may think it's perfect because you're used to it, but they get feedback from a lot more people and it's likely that a lot of gamers had issues with elements of the game. So, they constantly try to improve.

Consider also that if they kept everything the same the games would cease to be interesting, and nobody would bother playing them anymore. Square needs to constantly innovate and produce new concepts to keep people interested.

As long as something exists in the world and there are people...there will always be critisms

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)