• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

final SOR assessment mark? (1 Viewer)

laura_h

HSC
hey guys, who knows what their final assessment mark for SOR2 was? just wondering how everone else did....

im still waiting for our trials to come back and our teachers a really hard marker...so im not sure yet, hopefully it will be in the 80s.

jessied

HSC
Are you allowed to know your final assessment mark?? I'm under the impression that the final assessment mark means nothing, rank and relative difference mean everything (.. UAI scaling and all that fun stuff)

But since I'm a HSC nerd... my final SOR2 assessment mark was 90 (pretty cut really), which means my rank is =1. However, I got 94 in the trial, so if I can pull off a 94 in the HSC my internal mark will be 94.. Final assessment marks don't really mean anything.. Correct me if I'm wrong...

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Mines going to be around 94ish (our teacher is so slow, we still need one essay from the exam back :rolleyes: ). It's between me and one my friends for first. I think its going to come down to this essay, we are basically only .5 apart right now.

Danoz The Great

HSC
jessied said:
Final assessment marks don't really mean anything.. Correct me if I'm wrong...
I think you're right.
Our school doesn't let us know our final assessment marks, because they are unimportant and have to be moderated etc.

But I sneaked a look at my legal studies mark - 75 :)

Last edited:

jmac101

your right, final assessment marks dont mean anything, final rank is the important thing

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
they are important as in that they are used to calculate everything that is sent off to the board but in the calculation of your final HSC grade (which is then used to work out your UAI), then yes, the rank is slightly more important but the mark is still fairly important as your final assessment mark (moderated) makes up 50% of your final grade (after the actual test mark is added and fiddled with etc etc etc)

The way people are going on, its sounds like all the work you have done for the past year is now irrelevant and that the HSC exam is everything...... which we know its not!

gotta be careful with what you write as some people dont have the skills to discern fact from opinion.......

switchblade87

HSC
laura_h said:
hey guys, who knows what their final assessment mark for SOR2 was? just wondering how everone else did....

im still waiting for our trials to come back and our teachers a really hard marker...so im not sure yet, hopefully it will be in the 80s.
Having not done SOR2, I don't really know. As for SOR1, around 50-55%.

jessied

HSC
snapperhead said:
they are important as in that they are used to calculate everything that is sent off to the board but in the calculation of your final HSC grade (which is then used to work out your UAI), then yes, the rank is slightly more important but the mark is still fairly important as your final assessment mark (moderated) makes up 50% of your final grade (after the actual test mark is added and fiddled with etc etc etc)

The way people are going on, its sounds like all the work you have done for the past year is now irrelevant and that the HSC exam is everything...... which we know its not!

gotta be careful with what you write as some people dont have the skills to discern fact from opinion.......
Sorry, thats probably my fault. What I mean was it's not the mark that your school sends in that counts its your rank and the relative difference between you and the next person..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)