• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

finally going broadband! which one? (1 Viewer)

fantasia

HSC
i'm thinking tpg 1.5mbit plan .. the unlimited (20gb) one. anyone using that?

i'm looking for a plan around $50-$60

i dont know which one to choose.

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Well I suppose that's not Telstra, judging from the 20gb plan.

Any plan 10gb or over is fine. If the unlimited (20gb cap) plan is between your price range - get that. Definitely all the bandwidth you need.

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
hey, go with Optus.. my cousin has exetel and he doesn't recommend it because the 'free' downloads are slow and lags his computer badly. TPG is alright I guess, I used to have them for dial up.. the average speed was 42kbps, not very fast compared to Telstra or Optus

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
TPG is "t3h sux0rz"

get optus or telstra cable :uhhuh:

r0wlzii

Yeah, TPG plan seems alright. Bit dodgy in the beginning bu they have seemed to improve. Exetel still is my choice for reliability, and plans and prices. But nothing compares to that plan and price.

r0wlzii

Lol. Dont yous get free downloads but? During certain times like Exetels 12-8am?

I would absolutely SMASH the 20GB limit in about 1-2 days lol (if its possible).

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
nah no free downloads.

yeh the limit doesnt last long :p

i calculated it, at its peak, 20 gb should be done well withn 2 days:D

yeders

HSC is ALMOST OVER!!...
HSC
N/A
go with iinet..they get free P2P...
i kno a guy, hes on 1.5mb lite ($70, 24gb) and since p2p is free, he d/ls 200gb a month...all the news groups. and the pipe http://dchubnsw.chazrt.net/
check to see if ur isp is on the pipe: http://www.pipenetworks.com/Peering/who.shtml

if i was you i would be waiting until mid december, telstra is ditching 256 and 512 plans and opening up higher speeds... 2mb, 3mb.... might b an interesting christmas re: internet lol

yeders

HSC is ALMOST OVER!!...
HSC
N/A
BreaKing said:
TPG is "t3h sux0rz"

get optus or telstra cable :uhhuh:
yes, tpg is dodgy...and cable only works if ur lucky enough that a cable runs past ur house, even then the d/l caps a dodgy...
go the PiPE and the NGs!!!

dritz2003

HSC
N/A
fantasia said:
anyone want to refer me to exetel?
Yeah go Exetel..... It is the Shizit!!!!!! Their new plan is very excellent, $35 1.5mb 1GB downloads, which isn't a problem because you can download stuff at night for free. Also if you sign with their long distance calls (and don't make any calls ROFL) they give you $5 off a month.
Give me a referal for rep LOL dritz2003<nosp@m>hotmail.com

Last edited:

yeders

HSC is ALMOST OVER!!...
HSC
N/A
Argonaut said:
I'd say Telstra, but that's only because we managed to get Unlimited Downlaods for the price of a Standard Broadband Package ...
y wud u go with telstra since they charge uploads aswell, arnt on pipe, have no NGs and charge $130 odd for an extra gigabyte...like geeze..lol

fantasia

HSC
dritz2003 said:
Yeah go Exetel..... It is the Shizit!!!!!! Their new plan is very excellent, $35 1.5mb 1GB downloads, which isn't a problem because you can download stuff at night for free. Also if you sign with their long distance calls (and don't make any calls ROFL) they give you $5 off a month.
Give me a referal for rep LOL dritz2003<nosp@m>hotmail.com
but the concern i have with exetel is that it doesnt have shaping, and they charge you $3 for each extra gb that is downloaded.

so the iinet PiPe... can you download good stuff from that?

Adrian.

HSC
fantasia said:
but the concern i have with exetel is that it doesnt have shaping, and they charge you $3 for each extra gb that is downloaded.

so the iinet PiPe... can you download good stuff from that?
http://www.devfiles.net/iinet/ - That is a list of all the free stuff. From Linux distros (My favourite!) and streaming radio to game servers, you can get practically anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adrian.

HSC
yeders said:
a point that i missed... thanks

u use pipe DC?
No I don't use DC. I use BT occasionly but I mainly download from the PIPE FTP servers with all the Linux stuff.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)