• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

First Day (1 Viewer)

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
How was everyones first day? I didn't have class today but I still went to my campus to check out Welcome Week..day. So, my first day is technically tomorrow. Did you enjoy your first day??

klh

HSC
it was alright. i thought today would be a waste becasue most lectures i had usually was just intro and what to do. but i had a full on lecture and work to do to keep me occupied so im happy. plus whatever the lecturer was yapping on about, i understood so very happy.
what else is in the bag? i might get one another day...

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
Mine wasn't that spectacular.

I only had 1 hour today. It was a tute for Introductory Economics. The tutor was kind of up himself, saying how he teached in many countries of the world for 4 decades bla bla bla. I have to buy my textbook for this unit tomorrow because i have to do some questions from the book and present to the class my answers next week.

I had to wait for up to 40 minutes to get my ID card.

At least the train was on time. I got to the uni at 12pm, an hour before my tute.

Dumdida

HSC
N/A
yeh probably i got one, its got free drink in it! :D, it was okay, lectures were a bit ladidadida but i managed to stay awake :D

Sickle

Hello Sunshine
HSC
Rayanaldo said:
Mine wasn't that spectacular.

I only had 1 hour today. It was a tute for Introductory Economics. The tutor was kind of up himself, saying how he teached in many countries of the world for 4 decades bla bla bla. I have to buy my textbook for this unit tomorrow because i have to do some questions from the book and present to the class my answers next week.

I had to wait for up to 40 minutes to get my ID card.

At least the train was on time. I got to the uni at 12pm, an hour before my tute.
40 minutes... try 2 hours.

mattyg87

HSC
yeah i want a uwsconnect bag. my first day was alright, some guy was lost and he turned out to be doing the same course as me so i kinda got to know him and yeah. i had a 3 hour lecture for finite maths.

anyone at penrith actually see the line-up for the coop bookshop. it was huge!

really good.. i liked it..! hey i saw ppl holding those bags.. i want one :(
yer i like uni.. the lecturers can go on for a bit.. which is really crap.. i had 5 hours today! i was so hungry... LUNCH: a crunchie and a diet coke .. hehe pretty good

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
mattyg87 said:
anyone at penrith actually see the line-up for the coop bookshop. it was huge!
Yeah! I was lining up and I was like, "Is it just me or is this line NOT moving.."
We probably spent about 40mins in there. Blah

kitty28

My first day was ok. I arrived an hour early to do the library tour, then went straight to my lectures. After the lectures I went to the co-op bookshop to fill out a membership form. Tomorrow, I'm going to buy my textbooks which cost over $450!
Anyways, I only have a one hour lecture tomorrow and I think Hawkesbury has the welcome day thing aswell.

rekyj

Random Stranger
HSC
my first day was somewhat average. i started with a tut which was a great way to get to know people before the lecture. everyone seemed kinda nice, i managed to make a few new friends and yeah, the lectures were okay, kinda hard to comprehend, and i have homework already.. like.. jeeeeeeeeeeeeez

i have an 8am lecture tomorrow, dammit dammit dammit dammit.

anyway!!! i'm off.. .stupid homework... why was i excited about getting something to do... :S

Dumdida

HSC
N/A
u had a tute? apparently the tutes at hawkesbury arent running till next week (YAY!:D) not sure wats happenin with da practicals though

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
My day was alright ... extremely tired and I only had a 2 hour lecture :p I'm so used to doing nothing ... but oh well, give me a week to swing back into things. Parra is competely different to hawkesbury. I like hawkesbury better, atleast the lecture rooms aren't surrounded by vicky road and james ruse drive :p I feel so odd in introduction to earth sciences - there are only 3 second years all up, but i already had a friend doing the subject with me, so its fine, and everyones doing science except me and my friend :(

After the lecture I stood in line for 20mins to get a stupid $125 textbook :mad:

Now I have to read 100 + pages before tomorrow.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
hehe .. 2pm practical for me ... thats whats time I start tomorrow ... atleast it gives me plently of time to do my readings :p

Sasky

HSC
Yeah want one of those bags. Anyone know where I can get one at the Werrington South Campus? And where do they have the student groups so I mite sign up at the same campus?

Yeah, my lec starts at 8 too. Trust me i know how it feels - my train comes at 6.22AM. The bus before that comes at 5.55AM. Yawnnnnnn.

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
rekyj said:
my first day was somewhat average. i started with a tut which was a great way to get to know people before the lecture. everyone seemed kinda nice, i managed to make a few new friends and yeah, the lectures were okay, kinda hard to comprehend, and i have homework already.. like.. jeeeeeeeeeeeeez

i have an 8am lecture tomorrow, dammit dammit dammit dammit.

anyway!!! i'm off.. .stupid homework... why was i excited about getting something to do... :S
LOL writing as communication???? I was in the same tute!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)