• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

For or against denticare (and associated tax rises)? (3 Viewers)

volition

arr.
HSC
But it is also very unlikely that people will go to the dentist in the private sector for checkups etc, and will wait until they absolutely have to. This way, the government effectively forces you to go to the dentist because it is costing you money anyway, so you may as well get something out of it.
Under the current arrangement, these services cost more and are less widely available than they would otherwise. So people are disincentivised from doing these things.

volition

arr.
HSC
Looking at the situation in America, where the insurance companies are driven by greed and excess and take a huge chunk of the profit while providing inadequite cover for their civizens, i would say that your blind faith in the for-profit free market system is naive, especially when we are talking about peoples health.
1. What the US has is not even close to a free market due to the extreme regulation of the insurance sector
2. It's not blind faith, its based on actual reasoning about how markets work, and how voluntary interactions work better than initiation of violence so that some people can push their costs onto other people.
3. Yes I acknowledge that people's health is important and that's why it cannot be left to the government, because govt routinely fails (at being efficient) and is open to scamming and gaming of the system. The fact that its important means it should not be left to the government - you can't improve things just by mandating that they should be better.

For more details, see this video: US Health Care

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Why would I want to help you?

If you want dental insurance do it the old fashioned way and get it youself by getting a job and building up your savings. And just because I oppose pork barrel waste spending why does that mean I should go to America? How is draining public funds patriotic?
You exemplify the ignorance of immigrants precisely. I'm curious, are you in receipt of a Centrelink benefit?

Your second line sounds like an American dribbling their "Stand alone, be strong" fucking gibberish - piss off to the states if you like their methods. What about those with disabilities? the poor? If a universal dental plan is to be implemented we must ensure all have equal access; including those who are poor. you come across as an individual whose mommi and darda have slapped on you the spoils of all

faggot

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
That's the way Australians are you see; we take care of one another. If no one likes this idea then an easy solution is to pack your shit and fuck off to the US.

^ Not necessarily, what will happen with a universal health care system is that the rich will have more access while the poor continues to wait. The reason why is because our Government is fucking stupid unfortunately. They're incapable of scattering fairness evenly.

What a fucking retard

BBJames

Banned
HSC
N/A
jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjuuuuuuuice.

niloony

HSC
OP is a Tad biased linking just an article from The Australia and pointing out the obvious fact that this will cost money...

I am for it since it will relieve some pressure on the healthcare system and hopefully, down the track stop a few people dying before they retire or becoming too unwell to work plus the actually medical association appears to support it. A 0.75% increase is pretty miniscule especially since the upper income bracket got a tax cut we probally didn't deserve in this years budget >>.

Then again a slightly larger plasma screen is tempting over someones long term health xD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)