• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

French Continuers Prelim Oral 2day... (1 Viewer)

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
Talk to yourself. That's all I did. And your best friend, if she happens to be doing it too. Attempt to have intelligent conversations with one another....

Aujourd'hui je suis un peu triste.. C'est le deuxième dernier vendredi jamais ê l'école!! :eek:

Mais je suis heureuse qu'il ne soit pas que j'aille ê l'école pour un autre 3 heures! Les joies d'avoir 27 périodes d'étude/libres.. Might rock up for lunchtime.... :D

Alors, Melsc, généralement, qu'est-ce tu fais le weekend?

Last edited:

chepas

HSC
Salut!

Tu vas bien, j'en suis sûr :D. Quand est-ce que ton examen aura-t-il lieu?

Tout d'abord, petit peu d'conseil, alors qu'on dirait "la langue française", on dit "le français" donc, j'ai besoin de pratiquer (infinitive needed). Et on ne dit pas 'mon/ton', parce que c'est impersonnel. Plutôt "j'ai besoin de pratiquer le français". :D

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
it wasnt to bad except my teacher asked the obsurest of questiosn par example...
*Wen i said i wanted to be a lawyer she asked me if i wanted to b a partner in a law firm
*Wen i said i get on betta with my friends rather than parents she asked me if wen i was 30 i wld understand my other betta
*wen i talked abt family she asked me if i was like my dad
* wen i said i talk alot she asked me y (that wad the first question)

chepas

HSC
Glad it went well! Yer, I don't like talking about myself. Always having to support stuff like psychological stuff about urself with examples argh :D

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
yea man i think the worst question i got aksed was...'how do u get on with the ret of the world?' weird...actually my teacher marked HSC recently...i wld hate to have her 4 HSC

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
What's scary is when the teachers start probing you for details about your thoughts on life etc.... Gets you all contemplative...and confused...and I tend to get defensive, thus leading to awkwardness... Vicious cycle.

Anyway, it's over for you now. So you can relax...until next time...when it's the HSC...

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
lol i know! I was anoyed thou...coz those questions forced me to simply answer, oui, je ne sais pas a ce moment or peut-etre... i try not to do that! ahh well finished.. not again till nxt yr!

Kazuya

keio 最高
HSC
Yeah always have some answers ready for followup questions, try to steer the convo to something you can actually talk about, ie. don't say something really random otherwise when they ask you for more details you will have to elaborate...

but i really hate all those super-obscure questions...you make the longest pauses jus trying to think of something to say...

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
Manipulating the conversation in easier said than done- especially when the examiner is hell bent on asking you questions about your clothes. :mad:

.... I'm still bitter about my HSC Oral.

Kazuya

keio 最高
HSC
Hippy La-Laa said:
Manipulating the conversation in easier said than done- especially when the examiner is hell bent on asking you questions about your clothes. :mad:

.... I'm still bitter about my HSC Oral.
You know that is exactly what happened to my friend in my class! The examiner kept asking about fashion and stuff; my friend gave some mediocre answers and said he wasn't interested in all that stuff, but the examiner kept going on with it. Soooo slack.

and melsc, there's a syllabus???

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
well my teacher gave us the actul syllabus (tho i thinks its an old one) and she said our speaking wld only b one personal identity, skooll life and aspriations and leasure and families!

ALSO how can u show how gd u r if they asked really narrow or stupid questions

Last edited:

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
melsc said:
ALSO how can u show how gd u r if they asked really narrow or stupid questions
Start a tangent.... carry on with it... try and lead into something else where there are possibilities for decent questions to elaborate on.

chepas

HSC
I'm a bit confused on what a 'narrow' question is? Narrow in the sense that there isn't really much to say on it?

If something happens, like - "Est-ce que tu aimes le sport?" go on a COMPLETE tangent, like Hip already said, completely unrelated, like "Non, je ne l'aime pas/je détèste le sport/je m'en fous du sport (good for impressing them with argot)", and then start a tangent "... mais j'aime bien sortir avec mes amis. On va toujours au resto, où on mange beaucoup. C'est vrai que j'aime bien manger, et voila` pourquoi je détèste le sport, je suis trop gros parce que je mange trop!" - and there we go. That stops you from talking about sport, just replace 'going out to restaurants with friends' with like, "J'aime écrire/J'aime la musique/les sciences/les chiens/les poubelles/voyager" - anything as long as it takes you waaaay away from sport :p. I mean, it has to be a really crap examiner that responds to the 'No i hate sport, but I like XXXXX" by going, after you finish, "Tu joues dans une équipe de football?"... That's grounds enough to be arrested, tried by the Na-Duhhhh Act of 1974, then hung, drawn, quartered. It's a conversation!, shouldn't it function like a one? And yet it's really horrible that people are unfortunate enough to get people that don't respond thusly...

But yeh. If you get someon ethat does that, just keep going back to your preferred topic "Non, je vous ai déja` dit que je préfère manger. Je n'ai pas de temps pour jouer au sport parce que j'ai toujours un biftek a` la bouche. En fait, hier soir on est allés manger dans un ptit resto en ville, c'était bien gentil....". and so on...

Seriously, you will love making the strangest and weirdest, most far-out connections between two things, and become so good at it.

Failing that, fais tes prières! :(

Last edited:

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
chepas said:
I mean, it has to be a really crap examiner that responds to the 'No i hate sport, but I like XXXXX" by going, after you finish, "Tu joues dans une équipe de football?"... It's a conversation!, shouldn't it function like a one? And yet it's really horrible that people are unfortunate enough to get people that don't respond thusly...
Absolutely agree.

chepas

HSC
Ok? That's brilliant! Félicitations! :D

*looks for that MSN thing with the beer mug (b)*

chepas

HSC
Yeah cheers :). Speaking is OVER... Never have to speak French! Yeah :D. Naah, of course, eheh. Written is 4th November for continuers! Hooray. Il ove my HSC timetable, I have English no1 and Music in same day (argH), then paper 2 two days later, then I have one exam a week for the rest of the exam period. Lucky bâtard I am. (well, I like the spaced-out-ness, time to breathe and think..)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)