• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Future Leaders @ Opera House (1 Viewer)

AGB

HSC
Originally posted by mazza_728
sorry i wasnt checking out the gals :p

did u notice that most people left half way thru! hehe so wish i was one of them!
i know...i went for a "toilet break ;)" half way through the talk from that guy from the investment place and came back a bit later...

that guy up the back who asked a couple of questions was soo funny...just thinking about him makes me laugh....hehe

Originally posted by Demandred
Ah good, didn't miss out much. BTW who were the speakers?
a whole bunch of nobodies....i reckon if u r gonna have one of these leadership forum thingys, u hav to hav celebrity speakers...

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
no one famous at all...ive never heard their names they were just random executives of specific businesses, a local independent member and a few other randosm

KarmaKitten

HSC
It was boring. Every single person who asked a question was an idiot except the guy at the end who asked what the point of the forum was if every one just wanted to discuss politics.
I forgot how stupid people are. *kicks those people*
Its a leadership forum! dont ask about politics!
NO ONE CARES

AGB

HSC
Originally posted by KarmaKitten
It was boring. Every single person who asked a question was an idiot except the guy at the end who asked what the point of the forum was if every one just wanted to discuss politics.
I forgot how stupid people are. *kicks those people*
Its a leadership forum! dont ask about politics!
NO ONE CARES
well i thought the political questions were very appropriate...its not as if the forum was actually about leadership...firstly it was about aboriginals, then about business, then about the environment and then about politics... so asking questions about politics is more than appropriate...

Last edited:

KarmaKitten

HSC
Originally posted by AGB
well i thought the political questions were very appropriate...its not as if the forum was actually about leadership...firstly it was about aboriginals, then about business, then about the environment and then about politics... so asking questions about politics is more than appropriate...
no it wasnt.
The forum was called Future Leaders. Erm hello?

Who cares what political party the speakers support, we are there to hear about their lives/careers/ their roles etc.

I liked the speakers.

AGB

HSC
no it wasnt.
The forum was called Future Leaders. Erm hello?

Who cares what political party the speakers support, we are there to hear about their lives/careers/ their roles etc.

I liked the speakers.
settle down...i just thought there could have been a bigger focus on leadership...

the political questions were good...i thought a fight was gonna break out between that guy down the front and one of the panel people...i was sitting near him and he was making these comments all the way through the talks...it was pretty funny :)

G

Gavvvvvin

What a waste of a fucking day. None of what anyone talked about had any relevance to being a 'future leader' whatsoever. The only thing that kept me from going insane from boredom was some hot chic who was sitting a couple of seats away ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

AGB

HSC
Originally posted by _DeathlessOne_
What a waste of a fucking day. None of what anyone talked about it had any relevance to being a 'future leader' whatsoever. The only thing that kept me going bored from insanity was some hot chic who was sitting a couple of seats away ;)
hahaha yeh there were some real hotties there :D

Tabris

HSC
Luckily i checked out their website before i went, i decided not to go, i thought it was going to be a long and boring day and not as good as the youth leaders expo late last year.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Worst debates are between die hard lefties trying to prove how left they are and die hard righties trying to prove how right they are. It's disgusting. It's like a bunch of rich cokeheads sitting around trying to prove who can snort more in an hour.

G

Gavvvvvin

:D :D I remember the email of that old gandma who was hosting the hole thing. Im gonna tell her exactly what I think of her forum.

And did anyone notice that old dude who worked there and was walking around that looked like Anthony Hopkins.

The highlight of the day "How aborigine are you?'
:D

KarmaKitten

HSC
Originally posted by Ziff
Worst debates are between die hard lefties trying to prove how left they are and die hard righties trying to prove how right they are. It's disgusting. It's like a bunch of rich cokeheads sitting around trying to prove who can snort more in an hour.
\

THANK YOU
exactly my thoughts. I wanted to strangle them

AGB

HSC
\

THANK YOU
exactly my thoughts. I wanted to strangle them
well who was having a "left vs right" debate today?? there werent any of them there...

there was the guy who was near me, but most of the stuff he said was under his breath...

KarmaKitten

HSC
Originally posted by AGB
well who was having a "left vs right" debate today?? there werent any of them there...

there was the guy who was near me, but most of the stuff he said was under his breath...
*sighs*

Look that other guy agreed with me. So obviously I wasnt the only to notice it. If you didnt notice it, fine, good for you.

sickwithlove

Queen Beathen
HSC
i thought it was kinda more careers orientated rather than leadership. It was ok...not really worth the 4:24am train and the cranky newcastle cityrail workers, but was ok overall.

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
i thought it was all pointless no revelance to leadership wat so ever! very disappointed! also disappointed with the quality of audience... no hot guys, none that i could see .. shame :( and i dont know wat u guys are talking about none of the gals were that great. except one we saw who the guys began referring to as "goddess" she was honestly gorgeous but the rest were mediocre.. no i didnt check out the girls but this is from the boys perspective.

olay

HSC
Originally posted by mazza_728
It was soo bad! i wanted to leave half way thru but my bloody conscious! the second half was definately betta than the first. omg wat was with the first speaker, the school captain chick was she about to cry? i dont know why they picked her, she didnt seem to be very confident or prepared! half of them i didnt even know wat they were talking about.. wat was the revelance of any of it?? such a waste of a day!!!!!! :chainsaw:
hey give the chicks some props.... i think that'd probably be the biggest group of ppl shes talked to before [i don't know but i'm assuming so...] so it took guts for her to get up there, and she delivered it fantastically minus the deep breathing.

hehhehe i left at the morning tea break i thought it was a waste of time, it just seemed like a waste of a day. and instead i had some fun :D LOL did half the ppl leave in that break too???

olay

HSC
Originally posted by _DeathlessOne_
:D :D I remember the email of that old gandma who was hosting the hole thing. Im gonna tell her exactly what I think of her forum.

And did anyone notice that old dude who worked there and was walking around that looked like Anthony Hopkins.

The highlight of the day "How aborigine are you?'
:D
rofl the 'old grandma' looked like a mad scientist ala the evil doctor woman in season ?5? of buffy. and *claps hands* :D wtf was with that how aborigine are you? question :D LOL sounded so derro.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)