• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

"German shepherds most dangerous dog" - Poor Journalism (1 Viewer)

Erdkunde

HSC
Thank you for your short but pugnacious reply.

I never said anything about the "degeneration of grammar in today(')s culture", but rather pointed out that the media often sacrifices clearness of meaning and correct usage for the sake of confined space, and that this can possibly be indicative of deception rather than some mysterious "language technique".
The title is actually confusing; this would likely deter potential readers rather than "attract the largest possible audience".

I won't also stoop to childish name-calling, though several choice epithets come to mind.

Last edited:

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Erdkunde said:
Thank you for your short but pugnacious reply.

I never said anything about the "degeneration of grammar in today(')s culture", but rather pointed out that the media often sacrifices clearness of meaning and correct usage for the sake of confined space, and that this can possibly be indicative of deception rather than some mysterious "language technique".
The title is actually confusing; this would likely deter potential readers rather than "attract the largest possible audience".

I won't also stoop to childish name-calling, though several choice epithets come to mind.
What's the point of giving away the article in the fucking title. It's the ambiguity that attracts a larger audience, rather than simplicity, which would attract quite a few people with such mediocre IQ's.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
TBH considering german shepards/rottweilers are used as guard dogs etc, is it any wonder that they're the 'most dangerous'? I think it says very little of the actual nature of the breeds.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Yeah but unlike pitbulls they are obedient, and to a much larger extent. There is also a difference between being aggressive and being territorial. If you walk into my yard where my dog runs free, given the numerous "BEWARE OF GUARD DOG LOL" signs posted, what the fuck do you expect to happen. I blame common stupidity as a result of German Shepherd attacks, not poor training or a 'dangerous' dog.

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
I HAD a rottweiler it was really lazy and calm! hmmm...maybe is was just getting old. Now i have a German Sherperd! He's never attacked ne1!

yosemite sam said:
My shepherd never attacked anyone...he'd bark scarily but then if someone he didn't know came in to the yard or whatever, he'd just sniff them and walk away. Bit useless as a guard dog really. I got attacked by a tteny tiny sausage dog once... its bite hit the bone in my ankle, whereas our giant shepherd never hurt anyone. Stereotyping yes?
Just like my dog! cept a little maltese terrier tried to attack me! I jsut kicked away pretty hard!

absolutlaura

HSC
I've always been of the opinion that its the owners of so called 'aggressive dogs' that make them aggressive.
My family had a rottie when I was really young, about 3 or 4, I used to sit next to her bowl and feed her dog biscuits one at a time and everytime she'd just open her mouth and let me put it in.. aswell as shoving pencils up her nose.. yes.. i was a monster, but she never even growled..
However, if anyone tried to lay a finger on any member of my family she wouldve ripped their legs off.. thats not aggressive, in my opinion thats the point of having a big dog in the first place..
My thoughts are that if you buy an 'aggressive dog' - pitbulls, dobermans, rotties, german shepards etc, treat them like they're aggressive and keep them away from people.. theyre going to turn out anti-social and yes, possibly aggressive.. which is no fault of the animals.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
yea i've got two rottweilers and they're so nice! ^_^
my 'little' puppy i named bear (he's 1 year old and 54kg) has never growled in his entire life and lets the smaller girl dog beat him up all the time... he's a pansy... anyway, what? The moral of the story is I love my dog.

absolutlaura

HSC
Enteebee said:
yea i've got two rottweilers and they're so nice! ^_^
my 'little' puppy i named bear (he's 1 year old and 54kg) has never growled in his entire life and lets the smaller girl dog beat him up all the time... he's a pansy... anyway, what? The moral of the story is I love my dog.
Ahh the females always have it over the males in the dog world.. and the person world.. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)