• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Getting a very high ATAR (99+) with humanities subjects (1 Viewer)

sweetalmond

HSC
N/A
I am currently nearing year 12. I am doing well in most of my subjects (except maths!). I was wondering what type of marks would you have to get in basically all humanities subjects like modern/ ancient history, SAC, Advanced english, french to get an ATAR of 96-97+.

I know any combination of subjects can give you a high ATAR but most people who got REALLY high ATARs, like 98-99+ did physics, chemistry, extension maths or if humanities economics, ext english, ext history subjects. I know one person who got only three subjects over 90 (economics, maths ext and english adv.) and got an ATAR of 98.5, whereas there is a girl who got four subjects over 90 AND a state ranking 5th in ext english 1 and only an ATAR of about 95. I really need to aim high as I am considering Law as a after-school option, but I need to know how high in terms of exam marks would you aim for.
I am not judging my subjects on scaling, i chose them because I liked them but I need to know whether people have scored high 90s atars with these type of subjects. I know someone who did all the subjects that have been labelled as "low scaling" like food tech, standard english, general maths etc. and got an ATAR of 99.1, however she scored VERY high in ALL her subjects to receive such as ATAR.

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
I know someone without any maths or science and got 99.95.
what's your school rank?

HSC
You can get 99 with any subject combination provided you do well.

In order to get a 99 you must get an all rounder and have a few subjects with high 90s

emilios

HSC
Depends on the subjects. All those subjects you named are either average or decently scaled so yeah it's quite possible but you'll be looking at around 93-95 distributed across all your subjects, which is quite doable if you're hardworking. If you did hospo, cafs and early childhood it would be a different story.

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
It is possible to get a >99 with humanities. You just need to smash it out in year 12

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)