• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Getting marked down for additional information? (1 Viewer)

kpq_sniper017

If markers mark according to "steps" i..e give 1 mark for each step of the solution, can you get marked down for additional information that makes your answer wrong?

edit: got rid of my example. ppl seem to get the impression that I was complaining - not what I intended. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
lol, well put.

^_^

You didn't give additional information, you gave the right answer but then said something which made the answer wrong.

ie your final answer was wrong.
can you get marked down for additional information that makes your answer wrong?
hell yes.
-.-
if your answer is wrong, its wrong. lol

on a side note:
What happened to CM_Tutor? I haven't seen him around. My assessments finished, and I got distracted by, *cough* someone. :) Did he leave these forums for good? Or is he otherwise busy for a period of time?
hrm

Last edited:

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ~*HSC 4 life*~
he better not be gone...i was going to ask him to marry me! lol :p
And this is where he comes back, see this then disappears again.

untamedanimal

Although he used a bad example, I think what he may want to ask is if you got the correct answer and wrote that as being the answer, but after that did something or wrote down a statement that either is incorrect, or has nothign to do with the question, will you get marked down. Because if they mark with 'steps' and the step says 1 mark for correct answer, and the correct answer was written down, would they get the mark. I think thats what he means, correct me if im wrong pcx

Affinity

HSC
You'll always be marked down if you put down 2 answers..
You will be marked down if you get the right answer from incorrect working
however, if you have the correct answer from correct work, then do something further/irrelevant, it's ignored

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
If the question were worth 1, then 0 is the appropriate mark - your answer contains a mathematical error.
If it were worth 2, then 0 is harsh.

kpq_sniper017

Originally posted by untamedanimal
Although he used a bad example, I think what he may want to ask is if you got the correct answer and wrote that as being the answer, but after that did something or wrote down a statement that either is incorrect, or has nothign to do with the question, will you get marked down. Because if they mark with 'steps' and the step says 1 mark for correct answer, and the correct answer was written down, would they get the mark. I think thats what he means, correct me if im wrong pcx
My bad...
I think I worded it in a bad way.
untamedanimal's taking the words out of my head and typing them....unlike what i could do yesterday.

But, yea. That is what I was asking.

kpq_sniper017

Originally posted by George W. Bush
You gave the wrong answer. What are you complaining about?
:)
Not complaining at all. I accept that I got it wrong, and that's OK coz it was a year ago.
It was never anything of concern. I was just flicking through my paper and I thought I'd ask.

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
If you get an answer and the marking criteria stipulate that it does not need to be simplified any further, and you simplify it and make an error in the simplification then I dont think that can be marked wrong.

kpq_sniper017

Originally posted by Calculon
If you get an answer and the marking criteria stipulate that it does not need to be simplified any further, and you simplify it and make an error in the simplification then I dont think that can be marked wrong.
ic...
makes sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)