• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Globalisation and Exchange Rate help (1 Viewer)

rude

hi Prepared for HSC Economics students

well i am not ready but anyways, do i have to know the stuff about Australian economy or we get a choice of talking about Aussie economy or Economy other than Australia e.g. CSSA 2003
i know that we get a choice of doing either one or another but can SOB give 1st question on Globalisation and 2nd question on...Exchange rates? (i hope i make sense)

one more question

i am trying to prepare an essay on Exchange rates and i was wondering about what can include in it? The info from Timmy Dixon's book, is it enough to get like 15/20???

Thanks in advance and please help

symo

HSC
yeah id be screwed (limited to low 10s) if im forced to do non-aus global essay. i can do everything else so i cant see ill get trapped.

for an exchange rate essay, depending on question but broadly;

types of exchange rates, dereg increasing flows....
cause of appreciation/depreciation, ie D + S - graphs....
results of app/depp ie trade, bop.... twi trend..
policies: rba dirtying + MP, fsical - eco growth, micro - TOT, competitiveness.....

numg

HSC
think its possible they will ask an entire essay on Exchange rates?

timmii

sporadic attendee
Exchange rates and something else - e.g globalisation/microeconomic policy (deregulation) or balance of payments...coz they're all rather interlinked.

Be prepared to bring exchange rates in though on trade questions (with regards to export competitivity) and also the nature of investment flows in australia...You should love exchange rates, they're the best fun, like symo outlined its easy to just quickly include: 1) nature of demand 2) nature of supply 3) causes of changes in S + D 4) impact of appreciations/depreciations...:D *sigh*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)