• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Graduation video music HELP!!!! (1 Viewer)

JuniorB

HSC
hey guys im making a video for my year groups graduation at my skool.

i did this in year 10 n it was shit i need some help on deciding music.

any suggestion as long as songs dont have swearing i can use it.

i need slow songs, party songs etc...

plz reply ASAP!!!

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Coldplay's Clocks is quite good. Actually, I find that most Coldplay songs suit these types of videos. I'm probably going to use Nickelback's Photograph for our Year 12 video - that's a nice "memories" type of tune. Green Day's Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) is overused - avoid it. For party songs, just try to find something that's quick with a decent beat - Rogue Trader's Way To Go, perhaps. Good luck with the video. :)

I_F

JuniorB

HSC
well i have been told that i have to make 3 10 minute videos which are to be spread out over the cermony along with a coups of musical performances

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Woah, 30 minutes! The video I made for Year 10 a few years back was only 7. For that amount of time, you'll need 2-3 full songs per video. Try theming the videos - one could be your year at play (rocky music with a beat), another your year at work (not quite so exuberant, but keep the energy in the music), and the last be the "memories" video (sad music). That might help to keep them all distinct and easier to make. :)

I_F

Last edited:

JuniorB

HSC
insert-username said:
Woah, 30 minutes! The video I made for Year 10 a few years back was only 7. For that amount of time, you'll need 2-3 full songs per video. Try theming the videos - one could be your year at play (rocky music with a beat), another your year at work (not quite so exuberant, but keep the energy in the music), and the last be the "memories" video (sad music). That might help to keep them all distinct and easier to make. :)

I_F
yeah i was thinking something along those lines but trying to find that amount of music is very difficult and music that people like is even harder

JuniorB

HSC
also if any of u guys have made one of these videos have you ever had people bitching coz they weren't up on there i have made smaller ones for formal assemblies n had ppl bitchin coz they weren't on there. then wen i do put em up they bitch coz they didn't like the foto

damn these ppl are drivin me insane

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
JuniorB said:
also if any of u guys have made one of these videos have you ever had people bitching coz they weren't up on there i have made smaller ones for formal assemblies n had ppl bitchin coz they weren't on there. then wen i do put em up they bitch coz they didn't like the foto

damn these ppl are drivin me insane
I didn't have anyone bitching at me, but I had some "quiet disappointment" expressed to me that some people didn't have much time in our video. Just tell them that if they don't like it, get over it, unless they want to either give you photos to fix the problem or make the video themselves. It's a hell of a lot of work to put them together, and they're worried that the photos are bad. ;)

I_F

JuniorB

HSC
insert-username said:
I didn't have anyone bitching at me, but I had some "quiet disappointment" expressed to me that some people didn't have much time in our video. Just tell them that if they don't like it, get over it, unless they want to either give you photos to fix the problem or make the video themselves. It's a hell of a lot of work to put them together, and they're worried that the photos are bad. ;)

I_F
well i told my year advisor about the ppl bitchin so like the next period she held a year meeting and told everyone especially the girls to stop being bitches and that if they wanted to do it go for it n ppl were like yeh i'll do it n then they come to me askin how to do it n i was like fuck off im not sayin a thing. then she sed to em if they want fotos of themselves up there to come n give to me n that i wasn't gonna chase em.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
JuniorB said:
hey guys im making a video for my year groups graduation at my skool.

i did this in year 10 n it was shit i need some help on deciding music.

any suggestion as long as songs dont have swearing i can use it.

i need slow songs, party songs etc...

plz reply ASAP!!!
songs that i recommend as most parts of the lyrics are can in someway relate to the graduating year

boys ii men- it's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday
blaque-when the last teardrop falls
greenday-time of your life
joanne-i don't know
alicia keys-if i ain't got you
guy sebastian - climb every mountain
vitamin C-graduation
r-kelly-i believe i can fly

slow songs:
brian mcknight - the biggest part Of me
deestylistic-by my side
boys ii men - 4 seasons of lonliness
boys ii men - on bended knees
moncia-what hurt's the most
good charlotte - emotionless
evenessence - my immortal
simple plan-untitled
dj sammy-heaven (slow version)

fast songs:
Brisk and Ham - Angel Eyes(Recon Rmx)
Dj Mystik- Here i go again
Dj Mangoo- The Enlightment
Dj Mangoo-Eurodancer

Last edited:

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Time of Your Life is totally taken out of context. Most people think it's about remembering the good times before moving on to bigger and better things, but it's actually the biggest "F*CK YOU!" ever.
True, but he doesn't actually say "F*CK YOU" in the song, and it sounds so sad, so everyone loves it.

I_F

Lexie1001

HSC
a really good sad song to use is 'high' by the lighthouse family...not the best title, but its completely different from the song lyrics.
also 'aint no mountain high enough' and the special two by missy higgins is kinda nice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)