• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Growing out of it? (2 Viewers)

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
That doesn't necessarily happen.

I mean if it does then it could be time to end it but this is a two way relationship and you should let him know what you think. It sounds like you still could be interested, perhaps getting it all out in the open might help.

Malazn Pleasure

External Auditor
HSC
I agree with you Tulipa, ...if she still is interested in making it work then by all means talk to him about it.

I am just saying that if she was still 'interested' she would not be feeling this way in the first place.

Girls with high interest levels never get bored.

Claire102

HSC
I tried to make my relationship work twice, we broke up the first time, then talked, tried to make it work, worked for a month or two, then i realised it wasnt meant to.. We broke up again. End it, find someone to just hang out with and have some fun without it being too serious. I agree with Malazn Pleasure, once your interest levels go down enough, its hard for them to rise again..

Last edited:

Malazn Pleasure

External Auditor
HSC
Claire102 said:
I tried to make my relationship work twice, we broke up the first time, then talked, tried to make it work, worked for a month or two, then i realised it wasnt meant to.. We broke up again. End it, find someone to just hang out with and have some fun without it being too serious. I agree with Malazn Pleasure, once your interest levels go down enough, its hard for them to rise again..
Just like I said in my previous post, once its over its over. No point 'trying' to make it work cause you are ultimately starting the relationship again on a dirty slate and just in denial. Everyone deserves someone better.

Remember, relationships are meant to start with a clean slate!

emzz

HSC
Thanks all for your replies.

I think he knows something is wrong because he's the one now saying that 'we need to talk'.

So I guess I'll see what he says when I do finally talk to him..

If your interests levels go down, as you say Claire and MalznPleasure, then how about really long term relationships? I'm sure it fluctuates? =S

S2Caz, 'long' as in nearly 3 years - so that is considered long I'd think! lol

Last edited:

Malazn Pleasure

External Auditor
HSC
Well same principle for long term as well. If you are really into each other interest level can never go down. Its so simple.

I was in a 5yr relationship and interest levels just went down as well. So no relationship is safe from the interest level trap!

Skeeta

HSC
before you know it you're stuck in a dead-end relationship and both of you are comfortable with your lives and cant be fucked doing anything different. You're not unhappy but you're not weak at the knee's, either. You can probably survive but most dont, and for a very good reason. People grow apart, specially when you're young.

So pretty much make it or break it. Theres better, more exciting, fun, fufilling and loving creatures out there :) before you know it you're happier than you ever remember being, and wonder why you wasted so much time on something that was never going to work.

(this is probably the most biased reply in this thread, so feel free to ignore it)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)