• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Guitar Colours (1 Viewer)

Which colour

• Black

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • Red

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters

RTTTYTR

HSC
Hey all, long time no see. Im wondering if we could have a poll for the best colour out of these two as they both are "fricken sweet" to quote The Family Guy.

So I want wider as diversity and will eventually change the scratch plate if that is at all possible, cause I hate the colour.

http://www.yamahamusic.com.au/products/musicalinstruments/guitars/images/PAC112J_Black_tn3.jpg

http://www.yamahamusic.com.au/products/musicalinstruments/guitars/images/PAC112J_redmetallic_tn3.jpg

As you can see they are both "very niiice" :evilwhip:

However based on the pics the red one has more red dots around the edge of the scrathplate, whihc I can only assume are connectors for attaching the scratchplate to the guitar body.

:guitar:

Last edited:

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Changing the scratchplate is very possible. My dad and brother made a brass one for dad's ye olde fender jazzmaster, and it looks sexy.

If you're up for a challenge you can always strip the guitar and paint it however you like, make your own scratchplate etc. It's happened a couple of times in my house. That said, we have half a dozen guitars, some 25 years old, some maybe 2 or 3 years old. I wouldn't recommend it if you don't know much about the structure and electrics of guitars, you'd end up with pickups and bolts strewn all over the place and no hope of putting it all back together.

RTTTYTR

HSC
scarybunny said:
Changing the scratchplate is very possible. My dad and brother made a brass one for dad's ye olde fender jazzmaster, and it looks sexy.

If you're up for a challenge you can always strip the guitar and paint it however you like, make your own scratchplate etc. It's happened a couple of times in my house. That said, we have half a dozen guitars, some 25 years old, some maybe 2 or 3 years old. I wouldn't recommend it if you don't know much about the structure and electrics of guitars, you'd end up with pickups and bolts strewn all over the place and no hope of putting it all back together.

I like the colours of the guitars so I will probably level them, but If I go black Im thinking of reflective chrome or metal for a scratchplate

neafoo

HSC
all my guitars are black except one of the ones ive made which is dark green. Im kinda sick of black so im goin to say red =]
and yes flipping scratch plates is easy... losen the strings... unscrew... replace...
you can buy them or you could make one.

p.s if you wanna refinish your guitar i can link you to some guides that might help though tbh i dont recommend it.

PrettyVacant

HSC
LottoX said:
YEAH! RED =) I have no idea, but red is cool.
<3 Red is so sexy.

Yeah, I also agree with the OP's scratchplate colour-changing thing. But tbh, I think it's because white goes with everything and they can mass produce to create a white one for every guitar.

punk

BADBRAINS [KyleValentine]
HSC
why have you chosen a yamaha pacifica out of interest?

punk

HSC
yeah pacificas suck but i didn't wanna say it out like that... haha

just save and buy something nice.

theres my set up..

in a month or so ill also have a peavey 6505 head

yeah boi:haha:

punk

HSC
350watt marshall mode four stack should fix your wagon

punk

HSC
i highly doubt we are looking for the same sound. haha.

also i hate fender.

tele's are quite nice though..

vox's are excellent

jb_nc

Google &quot;9-11&quot; and &quot;truth&quot;
HSC
N/A
punk said:
yeah pacificas suck but i didn't wanna say it out like that... haha

just save and buy something nice.

theres my set up..

in a month or so ill also have a peavey 6505 head

yeah boi:haha:
Nigel: Don't touch it.
Marty: Well uh I wasn't, I wasn't gonna touch it. I was just pointing at it...I....
Nigel: Well don't point, even.
Marty: Don't even point?
Nigel: No. It can't be played...never...
Marty: Can I look at it?
Nigel: No....no.
http://members.aol.com/chiprowe/dontlook.wav

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
PrettyVacant said:
<3 Red is so sexy.

Yeah, I also agree with the OP's scratchplate colour-changing thing. But tbh, I think it's because white goes with everything and they can mass produce to create a white one for every guitar.

i ditched red for black.. :eek:
Personally red is just too much for me. Puts a strain on my eyes :-/. I really don't mind light blue though. Thats a nice colour (besides tobacco sunburst)

jb_nc

Google &quot;9-11&quot; and &quot;truth&quot;
HSC
N/A
mr_brightside said:
blah at the tele's

mmmmhmm;

Since you went to holy x, did you ever buy from the guitar factory on Victoria Road near kfc/subway? had good/bad experiences with them?

man i hate that shop so much i'm going to brick the front window one day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)