• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Half yearly marks - band 6? (1 Viewer)

goobypls

HSC
I recently did my half yearly for advanced english and I'm feeling I got around 13-15/20 for Hamlet, 12-13/15 for comprehension and probably like 12/15 for creative. Are these good enough marks to get a band 6? I know a 15/20 in Hamlet can be equivalent to a 16-18 in other Mod B essays but I'm not entirely sure.

Thanks.

buriza

conviction
HSC
17-20/20 is a band 6 result, I believe. So too is 13-15/15. It might operate differently based on what school you attend.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
You can scrape a band 6 with those marks in the HSC exam but your school most likely marks to a different standard compared to HSC marking (either easier or harder).

But really, you should be getting closer to 15/15 or actually 15/15 for ''comprehension'' (section I of Paper 1) - this will make it easier to get the Band 6 mark.

And yes, Hamlet tends to have good option aligning/scaling.

Remember that these marks are no indicator of what you'll get in the HSC exam (marking standards can differ), these school marks serve as a basis for your internal rank which will lead to a certain assessment mark (derived from the pool of exam marks scored by you and your cohort).

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
depends on your school, but for the hsc, yeah so as you do well in paper 1 too

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
This is hard to tell, it really depends on how harsh your school is marking as well as your internal rank, don't feel too complacent thinking scaling will help you a lot, because the HSC marking standards, for most parts, will be likely to be harsher than your school's marking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)