• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Half Yearly marks - want one of them changed. (1 Viewer)

McSo

HSC
Ok, basically I got a shitty half yearly mark, and I think my marker marked me unfairly on one of my essays. I didn't ask about it before because one of my other teachers said that everyone else was marked like that, but after looking at my report, that doesn't seem to be the case. So I want to go and see if I can get my mark changed... but is it too late?

Last edited:

helper

HSC
N/A
If you have the paper back and it has removed from the teacher, then you have little chance, if not zero chance.

helper

HSC
N/A
There is no way they can check you haven't changed it.

dandel26

HSC
I have successfully appealed heaps of marks from heaps of assessment tasks. Go to your teacher and ask them why u didn't get the marks u think u deserve. If the response is not to your liking go to the Subject co-ordinator, if there answer is still not satifactory then appeal to the principal. I have only appealed to my principal once, and it turned out in my favour so i was cheering. But yeah just question your teachers about your marks. Most of the time i've found that by simply questioning them they give into you.

Good luck

McSo

HSC
helper said:
There is no way they can check you haven't changed it.
Heh, I have a pretty good reputation at school with the teachers, I don't think they'd think I'd ever do that.

Cool Dandel, thanks... This is after the half yearly report though.. not straight after or even a few days after the exam :S

P

pLuvia

If you've taken the paper home, they won't re-mark it because they will think you've altered it as to make it better

McSo

HSC
pLuvia said:
If you've taken the paper home, they won't re-mark it because they will think you've altered it as to make it better
Even though they've written all over it? :|

I don't know about you but, I don't know what kind of sad cunts would do that..

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
you take the good with the bad. i hate people that whinge over bad marks and blame the teachers. teachers actually have a good idea of the standard of essays from marking them from past years and just because you dont like the mark you got means you can go through some bull-shit processes to get it changed. just ask the teacher for an honest appraisal of where they thought you went wrong, and listen to their advice.

McSo

HSC
blackfriday said:
you take the good with the bad. i hate people that whinge over bad marks and blame the teachers. teachers actually have a good idea of the standard of essays from marking them from past years and just because you dont like the mark you got means you can go through some bull-shit processes to get it changed. just ask the teacher for an honest appraisal of where they thought you went wrong, and listen to their advice.
Well, on the day of the exam I had two essays, I got 18/20 in one of them and 7/15 in this one. Doesn't make sense.

P

pLuvia

Well for my english exam I got AoS - 14/15, AoS feature article 8/15, and king lear 14/15. Well I know where I went wrong in my feature article, so I'll improve there. Why do you think it doesn't make sense for that mark? Did you read the comments on how you can improve it?

McSo

HSC
pLuvia said:
Well for my english exam I got AoS - 14/15, AoS feature article 8/15, and king lear 14/15. Well I know where I went wrong in my feature article, so I'll improve there. Why do you think it doesn't make sense for that mark? Did you read the comments on how you can improve it?
Because of the contrast in marks I guess... and because I wrote them in the same sort of style...

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
McSo said:
Well, on the day of the exam I had two essays, I got 18/20 in one of them and 7/15 in this one. Doesn't make sense.
well you did well in one essay and shit in the other. its that simple.

and i would back a teacher to have a better idea of what is a good essay - they didnt go to uni for nothing and they also went through high school also. i know some teachers are complete idiots and you feel much smarter than them, but thats just adolescent arrogance muffling any reasonable logic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)