• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Happy Feet! (1 Viewer)

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
I'm sure some of you have seen this already so please let me know if it was good or not!!

It looks adorable but I'm getting mixed reviews from other friends and the only reason I haven't seen it yet is cos I'm waiting for my friend to get back from overseas :(

Skeeta

HSC
my 18 year old brother went to see it and he' a little more x-men than nemo. He liked it, so I'm going to see it. Seriously, if it got him laughing - then I'll probably die in the theatre

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
I've seen it, I've watched it like 4 times now because a friend of mine got it on dvd for me :p

It's sooo cute!!

I loved it :D

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
So ridiculously cute. It would be light and fluffy and a little bit sickening if it weren't for the whole enviro message.

I rate it 8/10. A little below Nemo which I thought was edging to 9/10 for first time viewing.

Btw, did anyone find Nicole Kidman's breathy voice for Norma Jean irritating??? Gahhh it drove me nuts but her singing voice was awesome.

lengy

HSC
I've seen previews for this and have been wanting to see it. There were some funny scenes but overall I didn't like it. If not for watching Hoodwinked this afternoon I'd say it was probably the worst animated film this year. The previews showed most of the best scenes, the message they are trying to put through was what made me hate it, not the individuality message, the environmental one. I did enjoy the beginning of how Mumble's parents met and thought that was the best scene in the entire film. Mumble was ugly with all that down feather on him and his blue eyes didn't help. I found his tap dancing annoying. Yes it's based off the brilliant and original Fred Astare (sp?) but you could barely see some of the feet moments some of the times. The songs were hit and miss. Flushed Away was much more entertaining.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
i thought it finished too quickly. it also needed more of the baby penguin stuff.

i would have prefered if they had shown his journey through the ocean rather than just showing him leaving then washed up on the beach.

3/5

EDIT: just read my post as "what lengy said"

Legham

HSC
They named a character Norma Jean? :S Surely they know theres a band called Norma Jean thats getting pretty darn famous.. I hate singing, dancing and all these animated movies these days, so no chance i'll be going to see it..

Legham

HSC
^Even more reason not to name a character Norma Jean :S

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
I hated it. HAAAATED IT.

Fucking deceptive propaganda.

HSC
N/A
Awwwwwww I loved it, especially for the environmental message. If it can make kiddies think a little bit more about how some animals are in trouble with their habitats, then that can only be a good thing!

It's probably the best of that ilk of animated films I've seen, apart from Toy Story and Shrek.

I also enjoyed the references to old Hollywood stars (the breathy Norma Jean, etc).

Oh, and the animation was amazing!

zangetsu.xo

BANGSAT LOOO
anywhere with a bowl of rice and chopsticks in han
HSC
absolutely loved it.
yes agreeing with highwayman- needed more baby penguin stuff.
although my friends found a few parts "not so G rated".
hahahaha "it's a penguin orgy!!!"
and we were also waiting for asian penguins with slanty eyes and ratties.
:rofl:
i mean, there were american, aussie and mexican [mexican- NOT spanish] animals... so where were the asians?!
but overall really enjoyable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)