• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Hardest 3U Topics (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hello everyone! :D

I was just after some personal opinions regarding what topics people found hardest in 3U?
:) Thanks in advance for your input (if there is any that is. If there isn't, then that's awks for me :p haha )

HSC
Ahhh! Haha ok cheers! I'll do a 'bit' of extra work on binomials haha

Makematics

HSC
yeh the concepts in binomial r easy, but it's hard to express yourself properly sometimes. well that's what i think... e.g. 2013 HSC Q14

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
yeh the concepts in binomial r easy, but it's hard to express yourself properly sometimes. well that's what i think... e.g. 2013 HSC Q14
I found binomial easy. But then again, that was the first topic we did back a year ago.
You are right though about the "hard to express yourself". I think i'll lose one mark because I forgot to write : adding all these cases together.

Hardest topics for me were series and probability, but then again I never did that for 2-unit (Did all calculus of 2-unit and then 5 months ago realised I don't need it and stopped at series and probability).

braintic

HSC
N/A
Hardest topics for me were series and probability, but then again I never did that for 2-unit (Did all calculus of 2-unit and then 5 months ago realised I don't need it and stopped at series and probability).
So you didn't 'realise' you didn't need it. You 'mistakenly thought' you didn't need it.

HAX0R

HSC
Binomial is the easiest. Motion is harder.

HSC
Thank you for your input 'HAX0R', however i'm questioning the validity of your previous statement considering you are only in year 7. I'm intrigued! why you think Binomial Theorem is the easiest? What specific parts of motion do you find hard and why?

Cheers

hayabusaboston

HSC
HAX0R is either a hyper prodigy in the making (He's in yr 7) or an average kid who is just waaayyy too enthusiastic about HSC when he's only 13 lol.

I think he feels a sense of belief in himself and confidence, discussing things with older kids on this forum. And rightly so! I would feel inspired talking about complex senior high school stuff with older kids as a yr 7'er. We must inspire him to pursue greatness, his enthusiasm is undoubtedly there.

integral95

HSC
I struggle with permutation and combination. Nuff said. (2013 only had 3 marks on that topic and they're the easy ones CHEERING)
it's the only topic where I somehow can't really apply the basic concepts (is it just me??)

But IMO projectiles is the hardest topic (though I didn't struggle as bad as perms and combs)
then Binomial would be the 2nd hardest

braintic

HSC
N/A
But IMO projectiles is the hardest topic (though I didn't struggle as bad as perms and combs)
then Binomial would be the 2nd hardest
The concepts of Projectile Motion are easy. But for some reason, they typically ask questions in the HSC only at the highest level.

hit patel

HSC
Uni Grad
perms and combs killers killed me in yr 11 and hope they dont do so this year :(

hit patel

HSC
Uni Grad
2nd hardest depending on how you see it: Circle Geo Harder Problems.

hit patel

HSC
Uni Grad
HAX0R is either a hyper prodigy in the making (He's in yr 7) or an average kid who is just waaayyy too enthusiastic about HSC when he's only 13 lol.

I think he feels a sense of belief in himself and confidence, discussing things with older kids on this forum. And rightly so! I would feel inspired talking about complex senior high school stuff with older kids as a yr 7'er. We must inspire him to pursue greatness, his enthusiasm is undoubtedly there.
you shouldve put a question mark on the 3rd digit of your atar and a 9 on the second digit hahaha

HAX0R

HSC
Binomial theorem is actually logical and reading it from the book makes sense, whereas motion requires all this background knowledge, so opening it up on your book doesn't help.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Motion is all generic. Find max height, range, time of flight, angle and stuff.

Makematics

HSC
Motion is all generic. Find max height, range, time of flight, angle and stuff.
Ummm no it isnt. Usually in HSC questions they put in questions that arent your standard textbook question. Even in 2013 3u paper we got some shit about particles colliding which may have seemed hard to some lower band students

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)