• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Has anyone here (1 Viewer)

dYnaMiC7

HSC
failed a course by a mark (ie, got 49% instead of the 50% required). I'm at the stage where I have worked out what I would/should get and I have ended up a few marks, possibly one mark short of a pass. In these situations, I think that faculty review the marks, so would there be any chance of them passing me? Has it happened to you or someone you know?

HSC
N/A
You could get waived.

And isn't 49% a conceeded pass? (ie you still passes?)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Its important to keep in mind with these things that your mark will probably get scaled so that its not always a simple case of adding up all of your assessment marks so you might recieve better than 49.

Also depending on the uni you're at, you could get awarded a conceded pass like glitterfairy said, though that might not be in the cards if you go to UTS or USYD.

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
uws has reassesable fails, i think they give you another test/task to do then they mark you if you pass then they give you a pass mark for the course. maybe your uni has somehting like that?

Anonymou5

HSC
N/A
I've never had to worry about this sort of thing personally. However, I have read about other people at my uni who obtained scores of below 50 (as low as 46) and still had their scores adjusted up to 50 so that they could pass. On the other hand, I've taken some subjects where they specifically say that in order to pass, you need a score of at least 50 and even if you get 49, you still fail no exceptions.

dYnaMiC7

HSC
For this subject you need at least 50%, ie, a pass conceded isnt good enough. The worst case scenario from what I have added up, is infact a failure by just a mark or 2 at the most, which would in this case end up being a pass con. From what our lecturer has stated, for that particular subject, they don't use a bellcurve, so i'm guessing if i do end up getting 50%, i wont get scaled down to a pass conceded OR can you get scaled down from a 51% to a PASS C, Or F?

thanks guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)