• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Health promotion initiatives (1 Viewer)

angewah

HSC
Part of my assessment task requires me to "Examine in detail 2 current health promotion initiatives in NSW for each of your two selected NHPA's and discuss levels of responsibility for implementation (federal, state, community, individual)".

I'm kinda confused about the levels of responsibility for implementation. How would this work for example, in terms of the Heart Foundation Tick ?

Robin Hood

HSC
angewah said:
Part of my assessment task requires me to "Examine in detail 2 current health promotion initiatives in NSW for each of your two selected NHPA's and discuss levels of responsibility for implementation (federal, state, community, individual)".

I'm kinda confused about the levels of responsibility for implementation. How would this work for example, in terms of the Heart Foundation Tick ?
Okay, you would first of all, know what NHPA's you are doing.
Eg. CVD & Injury

Via the ottawa charter:

D. (all of these under developing personal skills would be individual)
  • (National)Heart foundation Tick (awareness- makes you realise the healthy food)
  • (state? or national)Jump Rope for Heart (awareness- of physical fitness, Physical activity)
  • (local-state)Healthy Harold (awareness of health and foods etc)
C.
  • Jump rope for heart (bringing together people of all physical levels to exercise)
  • (state)Community Nurse
S.
  • Jump rope for heart (building awareness for the community to improve their levels of p.a, fundraising, directly linked to schools)
  • (state)Around Australia in 40 days (linked to schools)
R.
  • Heart Foundation Tick (changing products image and reputation)
B.
  • Heart foundation (criteria must be reached to get the tick, part of legislation)
Injury

D.
  • (state)Police Talks in schools
  • (state)PDHPE curriculum-road safety
  • (national)1st person TV ads 'Night out into a nightmare' ("http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkScHtrowM8")
C.
  • (state)Hospitals
  • (state)Physical and mental rehab clinics
S.
  • (local-state)Speed humps in streets
  • (local-state)Neighbourhood watch
R.
  • Police Talks in schools
B.
  • (national)RBT
  • (state?)40km/h in school zones and buses
  • (national)Helmuts must be worn on bikers
  • (national)Tax on alcohol
  • (national)Over 18 to drink alcohol
Obviously more than two health initiatives, but obviously some examples are used more than once in some parts of the ottawa charter.
Hope this helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)