• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Help about UWS timetables (1 Viewer)

spillargroove

HSC
You have misinterpreted the timetable. That is one of your units; at the top of it, it should explain the course advisor and it says what the requirements are. You most likely have to pick ONE Lecture and ONE Tutorial. So you go to the same lecture and tutorial in the specific weeks it says.

spillargroove

HSC
This is a Unit I picked at random:
<QUOTE>
Unit Coordinator: - Philip Stubbs
Notes: -
Tel: 9852 5473 Email: p.stubbs@uws.edu.au
School of Communication Arts, Building BB, Werrington South

Please register online for the compulsory Lecture and ONE tutorial.

Online tutorial registration for this unit will open at 12.30pm, Wednesday 15 February until 10:00 am Friday 24 February.
Any students who have not registered online by the closing time must contact the unit coordinator
for allocation to a tutorial.

New commencing International students - If you are unable to register online for tutorials, please contact Helen
Johnson, School Administrative Officer, for assistance (Tel: 9852 5216 or Email: h.johnson@uws.edu.au)
</QUOTE>

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
LOL. it's basic really, the lines separate the tut/lecture/seminar etc whatever is listed, and you're meant to only pick one from each section, unless it says otherwise.

klh

HSC
well abotu the census dates, some poeple may need to er cancel their enrolments, sometimes not straight away, so they may let you have a feel of the unit and if you dont like it or need to withdraw, than you can still do it.

number 2) yes, its the weeks of the year [so the first week is the 9yh week of the year i think] and you register for 1 tutorial, so choose the time you like and thats the one youll be stuck with unless you want ot change in thefirst 2 weeks.

well they are either waiting fo rmore info, have someone to ask already, already know or they read it somewhere that you havent read yet. It pays to explore the sigth and ask questions, so dont fear mate its ok, we here to answer questions so calm down. many have no clue but its your first time so its understandable, theyll explain it when you get tehre anyway so...

School_Burger

Old Member
HSC
IB6-UB9 I think most people call up UWS and ask (freecalls :D) or are waiting for orientation day

Anyways I have another Question, see how im doing 4 units in autumn......they all say weeks 19-15 17-22

Does that mean i do 1 Lecture ( X4 units) and 1 Tute ( x4 Units) per week
ie 4 lectures and 4 tutes?

Kulazzi

HSC
I have a question as well - I've had a look in the spring session and for one of my electives I have a lecture, tute and class --> is the class really compulsory??? :confused:

HSC
School_Burger said:
IB6-UB9 I think most people call up UWS and ask (freecalls :D) or are waiting for orientation day

Anyways I have another Question, see how im doing 4 units in autumn......they all say weeks 19-15 17-22

Does that mean i do 1 Lecture ( X4 units) and 1 Tute ( x4 Units) per week
ie 4 lectures and 4 tutes?
This is what i want to know as well.

Kulazzi

HSC
TerrbleSpellor said:
This is what i want to know as well.
I think so, for each unit you're doing - 1 lect +1 tute. Unless I'm wrong, I'm pretty sure this is the case

School_Burger

Old Member
HSC
So thats 4 lectures (2 hours each) and 4 tutes (3 hours each) each week :O
Thats 20 hours a week

I want to drop out already, 20 hours a week!! (school was 22 hours :worried: )

HSC
When i logged onto the MyUWS site, i was not expecting to see this:

"Do you suffer from Period Pain?" lol. oh my. Its on the unit enrolments page haha.

Kulazzi

HSC
I think it depends on what units ur doing. For eg, SB just posted that their lect's are about 2 hours and tutes are 3 hours each whereas mine's only 1 hour and my tutes are 1.5 hours

edit: It may also depend on which campus you are at

Last edited:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Having 3 hours tutorials sounds wrong, They are usually one hour. What subject is it for?

You should be having 20 hours a week if your doing a course like science.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)