• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Help! Convincing mum to go to South Africa (1 Viewer)

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Each year we make it a habit to holiday overseas. I'm dying to see South Africa and need as many reasons as possible as to why it's a great destination to convince my mum!

Anyone who has been to South Africa, any reasons why you loved it would be great!

advanced sam

HSC
N/A
JaredR said:
Each year we make it a habit to holiday overseas. I'm dying to see South Africa and need as many reasons as possible as to why it's a great destination to convince my mum!

Anyone who has been to South Africa, any reasons why you loved it would be great!
never been.

ah, good accents?
beautiful scenery?
good atmosphere?anyway..
the diff people, interesting

ah dont listen to me, she wont buy this.

xJennax

HSC
I asked my friend who lived over there and here's the response is..

"south africa is the most dangerous country in the world excluding iraq, a crime is commited every 20 seconds (fact)"

"and the culture shock will be tremendous tbh"

so not much help, huh? :(

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Is your mum a fan of wine by any chance?

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Yes, I'm aware South Africa has one of the highest crime rates in the world - but I don't think (from what I've heard from my Anglo South African friends) that it will have much effect on tourists.

Culture shock isn't a problem - the streets look clean - a fresh change from South-East Asia and Egypt!

S1MO, yes she is a fan of wine.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
South Africa has great wineries and make some of the best wine apparently, might be a reason to convince your mum.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
JaredR said:
Yes, I'm aware South Africa has one of the highest crime rates in the world - but I don't think (from what I've heard from my Anglo South African friends) that it will have much effect on tourists.
Who do you think all these criminals are after ?

Only tourists are stupid enough to put themselves in situation where they get attacked. Locals know how to avoid those situation.

I know someone south african. And the fact he carries a taser with him every time he leaves his house says something about how shit the country is.

yorkstanham

HSC
south africa is pretty sketchy, i used to live there. If you travel to the wrong places at the wrong time bad things will happen to you. dont walk along at night.
other than that it is a pretty good place to go for a holiday, just stick to the heavily populated tourist attractions

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
jezzmo, that's a bit harsh on yourself? When did you leave there? Was it before the fall of Apartheid?

What I've heard from people born there (all white) is that whilst they wouldn't want to live there, it is a beautiful place and they're still very patriotic to it.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
South Africa is full of blacks and crime.

kloudsurfer

HSC
what971 said:
South Africa is full of blacks and crime.
Seconded.

My mum went, and they saidit is the most depressing place shes ever been to (and shes travels a lot, so that means something.)

James747

HSC
i used to live there and i though i left when i was still very young, i do know its very dangerous there. as said, just stick to the tourist places and you should be fine. having said that, if u do go, make sure u vist kruger national park and book a night at the lost city hotel. ;)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
JaredR said:

tell her that there's a high chance she'll get raped. all women want a big black cock inside of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)