• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Help!! Easy French (1 Viewer)

all_she_wants

hey i do french by distance ed and am having troubles wiv some EASY!! sentences. could anyone help me out?!
1. You are talking to a friend about what u usually eat
- say that for breakfast you have some bread with jam and orange juice
-say that for lunch you like to eat a sandwich or salad and some fruit
-explain that you do not eat a lot for dinner
-ask your friend what he/she eats for dinner

any help would be much appreciated!!!

chepas

HSC
Le matin je mange du pain avec de la confiture et un verre de jus d'orange.

Pour déjeuner je préfère manger un sandwich, ou une salade avec un peu de fruit.

Le soir je ne mange pas beaucoup.

Qu'est-ce que tu aimes manger le soir? / Qu'est-ce que tu manges quand tu dînes?
___

A bit of variety maybe. Off the top of the head. Hope it helps :D

Chépas :D.

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
Gawd, those sentence thingys are boring! The girl in my class doing the beginners course has to do crap like that all the time.

I'd go insane if all I was doing was translating boring sentences...

Have fun!! :cool:

chepas

HSC
Same as in German Beginners :D. A lot of that in Prelim. That said..

I hope this is PRELIM French Beginners... as I reckon that they would have and should ahve taught more than stuff about food, by the time the end of Year 12 comes.!

all_she_wants

Thanks heaps. another???

You are at the markets in Marseille.
-ask the stall keeper if he/she has any strawberries.
-express suprise about how he/she has no more bananas
-buy a half kilo of strawberries, 5 apples and a pineapple
-ask what he/she has in the way of vegetables
-buy a lettuce, 1 kilo of potatoes and 300 grams of peas
-ask how much it comes to.

yeah this is all prelim stuff. haha im heaps lame i can't do it. and im way behind :( !! but any help woiuld be great thanks!

chepas

HSC
Ah Marseille... quelle belle ville... :D

- (Désolé de vous déranger, mais) avez-vous des fraises?

- Tiens, c'est drôle, que vous n'avez plus de bananes!... / vous n'en avez plus! (if the bananas are already established in the context of the conversation).

- Je prendrai/voudrais un livre de fraises, cinq pommes et un ananas, s'il vous plaît.

- Quel genre de légumes avez-vous aujourd'hui? (For lack of better expression... :rolleyes: )

- Je prendrai/voudrais un laitue, un kilo de pommes de terre et 300 grammes de petits pois.

- Alors c'est combien?

Again, just off the top of my head. I remember there was this big sort of protocol when it came to markets and buying stuf, but I forget all the USEFUL stuff in French now, hehe...

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
Mmmm...... More eating! I want to do the food unit again!! That was fun. Anyone been to "The Little Snail" for dinner? Went last year with the french class, twas nice. Probably not overly authentic, but at least I satisfied my curiosity and got to try snails. <----------you all must try them!
Snail-eating is something we all must experience as french students. :D

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
Hippy La-Laa said:
Mmmm...... More eating! I want to do the food unit again!! That was fun. Anyone been to "The Little Snail" for dinner? Went last year with the french class, twas nice. Probably not overly authentic, but at least I satisfied my curiosity and got to try snails. <----------you all must try them!

haha, yeah i went there a while ago, i think it was in year 8...?

Is it still open? I heard that it had closed down now...?

Ahh, year 8, those were the days...

"bonjour, il est quel heure, si vous ple?"

"close enough, full marks."

chepas

HSC
egronk said:
"bonjour, il est quel heure, si vous ple?"

"close enough, full marks."
Haha, gold! :p

What ARE snails like? Do they taste like chicken? I mean, I am disgusted at the thought of oysters, let alone something that you see at the bottom of the garden.

And praytell where this elusive restaurant is? Such establishments should deserve the patronage of the whole state's French students... at the same time.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Hippy La-Laa said:

Me 2 last yr with my year 10 french class, we all tried snails too they were nice but to garlicy!!!!

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
we went to another french restaurant this yr called la guillotine it was gr8 accept it was outta skool hrs, and our teacher 4got to come so we sat there eating whilst these natural french speakers insited on speaking french to us, bcoz we were french students but man was the food nice!

chepas

HSC
Forgot to come? Woah. haha... what a gaffe :D

At the Alliance open night there was this really nice thing, I ahve no idea what it was, but it was really nice! I just wonder what the hell it was... Gourmet Frenchies, got it all right but why is it always unidentifiable!

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
chepas said:
What ARE snails like? Do they taste like chicken? I mean, I am disgusted at the thought of oysters, let alone something that you see at the bottom of the garden.
Snails- a little like a slimy hunk of chicken, similar texture to cooked prawns I 'spose. The ones we got came in their large-ish shells in which you have to dig out the meat which was slathered in garlic marinade (like Melsc said).
I remember I quite liked the chicked we had fo Main Course.... It had some really nice sauce on it.

And praytell where this elusive restaurant is? Such establishments should deserve the patronage of the whole state's French students... at the same time

It's in Pyrmont somewhere... I think it's still open. Our 'class' (consisting of 5 people + 2 teachers) went during the evening. It was really pretty walking through Darling Harbour at night, dining out in the city.

I don't think we spoke much french though.

I'm still hanging out to try all the foods they tell you of in Year 8- 'croque monsieur' etc.....

I ADORE french food. :)

chepas

HSC
AH yes!!! Croque-monsieur and the even more disgusting sounding 'Croque-madame'... I'm sorry, but I can't condone the use of fried egg in anything! WEll, at least not in a slathering heap ont op..

chepas

HSC
Boeuf Bourgignon. Made it for a French project in Year 8. It was sort of boring, either that or we made it wrong. It was kinda like gulash, but with a French name...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)