• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Help for rushing,carelessness and doing stupid mistakes. ( Mainly for maths) (1 Viewer)

itszen

HSC
I used to do so well in maths. But know in my exams i have been falling down ranks because im rushing through the exam or doing stupid mistakes and when i read over my mistakes i obviously already know how to do them and im kicking myself. Is there any tips on how to ''slow'' down and not be careless? The sc next week and im freakingg ! Oh and this carelessness of mine takes up prob half-three quarters of my deducted marks in my exams.

Last edited:

Amogh

HSC
N/A
posted twice

Last edited:

Amogh

HSC
N/A
Practise.
What golden key do you think there is?

Only recheck your answers after you've done everything
remember, completing the paper is more important than getting a 1 mark multiple choice question right.
Prioritise and have a set amount of time for questions.

Last edited:

mira.mourad

HSC
I was the same during year 10. I drilled myself to READ ALL QUESTIONS SLOWLY and actully ANSWER THEM. get band 5 and 6 compared to the band 4 in my trials. and practice. Btw theres nothing to be worried about the SC i freaked out over nothing. you'll be fine. good luck

d3st1nyLiang

Premium Member
HSC
basically just read the question properly, which is the main cause of silly mistakes

mirakon

nigga
HSC
I used to do so well in maths. But know in my exams i have been falling down ranks because im rushing through the exam or doing stupid mistakes and when i read over my mistakes i obviously already know how to do them and im kicking myself. Is there any tips on how to ''slow'' down and not be careless? The sc next week and im freakingg ! Oh and this carelessness of mine takes up prob half-three quarters of my deducted marks in my exams.
Judging by what you say, you're reasonably good at maths. After you do each question just check that it works (briefly so you don't waste time for the rest of the exam) and then if you habve time remaining afterwards 'redo' the whole paper or at least questions you are concerned about. In addition, you'll have plenty of time to check after finishing SC maths as it's a fairly basic paper.

Hope I helped.

itszen

HSC
Thanks guys. I'll try my best to not do any stupid mistakes. Good luck to all thats doing sc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)