• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

HELP! Missed the STAT exam! (1 Viewer)

aaronnx

HSC
N/A
Hey guys, from what i've just learned recently, in order to do the course I want, I need to do the STAT exam which was 2 months ago! I only found out a few days ago that I needed it for my course! What do I do now? Will I still be able to do the course? The course btw is Animal and Veterinary Bioscience and USYD. Any responses would be appreciated :)

avro

HSC
I thought STAT was only required for the actual Vet Science degree? Cause the bioscience degree doesn't qualify you to be a vet.

aaronnx

HSC
N/A
Oh really? I think it said broadly on the Undergraduate guide that Vet science needs STAT in general?

avro

HSC
For animal & vet bioscience:

Admission to this course is on the basis of a secondary school leaving qualification such as the NSW Higher School Certificate (including national and international equivalents), tertiary study or an approved preparation program. English language requirements must be met where these are not demonstrated by sufficient qualifications taught in English. Special admission pathways are open for domestic mature aged applicants who do not possess a school leaving qualification, educationally disadvantaged applicants and for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Applicants are ranked by merit and offers for available places are issued according to the ranking.

A limited number of applicants may be eligible for admission to the course under the Rural Entry Scheme http://sydney.edu.au/vetscience/avb/rural.shtml

For vet science:

Admission to this course is on the basis of a secondary school leaving qualification such as the NSW Higher School Certificate (including national and international equivalents) or tertiary study. English language requirements must be met where these are not demonstrated by sufficient qualifications taught in English. Special admission pathways are open for educationally disadvantaged applicants and for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Applicants are ranked by merit and offers for available places are issued according to the ranking.

A limited number of applicants may be eligible for admission to the course under the Rural Entry Scheme http://sydney.edu.au/vetscience/bvsc/rural.shtml

In addition, admission to this course requires all applicants to sit the Multi-choice STAT and submit a "Commitment to Veterinary Science" Form. The results of this process will form part of the ranking of non-year 12 applicants and be applied as a filter for year 12 applicants.

http://sydney.edu.au/courses/Bachelor-of-Animal-and-Veterinary-Bioscience

I think you're safe without STAT for bioscience. If in doubt, email the faculty :)

aaronnx

HSC
N/A
Thanks heaps for the response man! Now I dont have to worry anymore :p

madharris

HSC
N/A
if you decide you still need/want to do stat, don't worry because you can do it every 6 months (I'm not sure how often the exams are though)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)