• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

help please! (1 Viewer)

ben150891

HSC
i want to do animal science next year at uni and i need help choosing where to do it. Ok so, i want to do it at usyd but i dont have the required atar so if i dont get in there i need to choose between uws and csu.
or i could do a science degree at UNSW but i think that i to generalised in biology and not really want i want to do.

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
you'll probably get more hands on animal experience at CSU - particularly as more of the intake is rural students from rural background who you can learn a lot from if you're a city slicker (like myself!).
The course at USyd is more geared towards research, and thus is not as respected by potential employers in rural areas (who will view you as a city slicker unless you come from a rural background).

So it depends what you aim to do when you graduate, if you want to go work with farm animals in rural areas, go to CSU. If not, stay in Sydney.

Oh - and if you want to transfer into vet afterwards, CSU may give you more credit for previous studies - but check that with the uni.

ben150891

HSC
thanks for that. i was kinda like looking at a job in research maybe and also like taking care of injured animals until they can be released again and maybe working at a zoo. would the sydney course be good for this?

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
yeah USyd would be good for research. if you want to care for wildlife, join WIRES or Sydney metropolitan wildlife. And start volunteering at the zoo - its hard to get in otherwise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)