• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Help please (1 Viewer)

bright_angell

Hey- im currently a student in yr 12 and am absolutely - positively lost as to what i want to do when i leave school...obviously taking an interest (well its my only option really) in unuversity as i do feel id like to go on studying- just not determined as to what- ive been to a uni' info day thing where we got heaps of booklets- and im interested in a Bachelour of arts (Literature to be exact) i also enjoy theatre- BUT what do i do when i leave uni?? what comes of learning an extension of english from 3 years?

Thanx ppl....i really need some advice....

babez_hamp

HSC
N/A
don't stress !! most people in yr 12 have no idea what they want to do after school...and even uni students (like me) still haven't got a clue what to do after graduation. sometimes taking a year off can help clarify things....travel or work/volunteer in different industries to see what you're drawn towards. general degrees like arts are also great because you can study a variety of different subjects to help you figure out things you want to pursue (and you can do both literature and theatre!). make sure you go to the uni days and speak to advisors..they're used to people not knowing what they want to do and can offer some advice. you're still in yr 12, so stressing about what happens after university is a total waste of energy...you should be worrying about the HSC first :)

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
On the 3rd of September, on a Saturday, is UNSW's Courses and Careers Day. I suggest you go in and ask around cause you get to talk to lecturers and students about the courses you want. So you shouldn't stress now. Just relax till you can get more information...then panic if you want :p

bright_angell

Thanx

Yeah- thanx guys....its kinda ironic that ur tellin me not to stress coz thats my whole problem- im stressing coz i havnt been....not until now anyways- but yeah i gues sur right....hsc first!

thanx again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)