• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Help, suggestions??? (1 Viewer)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
My school has screwed me around yet again and I don't know to do about it.
I just found out that my Italian Teacher will be away for this whole week, (I dont blame her but I dont know what to do) and we have an HSC exam this Saturday, the worst part is that we arent even going to get an Italian Sub but just a regular one!!! I don't know what to do, or who to approach at my school.

Last time I complained about them cutting back the number of classes we have with the teacher for 3/5 subjects and putting two different courses in the same class they just told me to work hard and I'll be fine! Its not their HSC and they keep telling me there is nothing to do...I am stressed and don't know what to do :(

/rant

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
Yeah, I'm kind of in the same situation with physics at the moment.
My teacher has been called to do jury duty, and the legal system won't let him out of it, because having a year 12 class going though the HSC at this time of the year is not a valid reason.
So, we have a sub for the rest of school, and we haven't finished the course yet.

HSC
the head SDD teacher is gone during STUVAC :( and she might be retiring next year, i feel sorry for the next few years, she's a great teacher

DanielleM

HSC
Mel, Joe's legal teacher has been off for the last two weeks and will be off for the rest of the term...
Basically left his class on their own for the last month of school before the HSC... now that sucks ay?

Mel, Just don't go to class and study at home. Good luck with your exam this sat :)

nwatts

HSC
Can you ring around and find an Italian tutor to take a few hours worth of classes before Saturday? Can you afford to hop a plane to Italy to brush up on some speaking skills to get back in time for the exam?

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
The problem is you need an Italian speaking teacher to help you prepare of Italian Speaking, its not like you can read a book, or check the answers ya know???

nwatts said:
Can you ring around and find an Italian tutor to take a few hours worth of classes before Saturday? Can you afford to hop a plane to Italy to brush up on some speaking skills to get back in time for the exam?
LOL I wish

I rang my normal Italian teacher (see the one that is away at the moment was a sub for the other who is on leave for the whole term) and she is trying really hard to orgainse an Italian sub, but at this short notice I doubt she'll find one and they call my skool a languages high skool

Last edited:

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Given that you'd only have one session, is it imperative that they be familiar with the syllabus or is it only to practice your speaking? Because there are non HSC language tutors all over the place, especially for a language like Italian.

enigma~

HSC
Awww...poor mel! Don't worry too much about it. From the looks of things many people will be in the same positon as you. Just give it your best shot and see how it goes...oh yeah and just keep talking to yourself in Italian (even if it makes u seem a tad strange) :p The truth is that the situation is not in your control so all you can do is give it a go...

DanielleM

HSC
Joe said something that he hopes will cheer you up...
just passing on the message
" Italian teacher V. Melissa-precedent set-teacher has failed to act a duty of care..."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)