• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Help with timetable (1 Viewer)

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
Hey,

I do the following subjects:

ACCT1501 Accounting and Financial Management 1A

COMP1911 Computing 1

INFS1602 Computer Information Systems

MATH1141 Higher Mathematics 1A

and this is pretty much the best timetable i can create:
however with higher maths 1A there is a 3rd option for the course that is on monday and friday which says SEE SCHOOL.
does anyone know what are the times, because i really dont want to travel from hornsby to UNSW for a 1 hour lesson on friday.
Also, comparied to 4unit, 3unit maths, what level of maths is Higher Maths 1A. In other words: can i just not go to the friday lesson if i was a good 4unit student?

Last edited:

sunny

meh.
HSC
If there are no times for a class on myUNSW then the chances are the class is tentative. Its probably not a good idea to enrol in it because it will probably get cancelled altogether.

Why not move a tute to friday to make the travel worthwhile?

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
sunny said:
If there are no times for a class on myUNSW then the chances are the class is tentative. Its probably not a good idea to enrol in it because it will probably get cancelled altogether.

Why not move a tute to friday to make the travel worthwhile?
i cant really move anything close to the morning on friday,

i can move a maths tute to friday but that would be at 4-5 pm, which would be even a worse idea.

btw, do u do higher maths 1A ?

how "high" is it?

sunny

meh.
HSC
Its more for students that are intuitive at maths. Only do it if you enjoy maths.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
tuesday looks painful.

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
sunny said:
Its more for students that are intuitive at maths. Only do it if you enjoy maths.
yep,
ok good im gonna like it

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
ebonylea said:
hi haboozin looks like we are doing the same course (except i am not doing the higher maths lol) have u been able to enrol into computing 2 - COMP2091 for semester 2? it doesnt appear when the courses come up i don't think its an urgent matter but its just bugging me

yep i have the exact same problem and i have emailed them...

btw, are u doing the co-op scholarship? or "just doing this course"

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
ebonylea said:
just the course i didn't think my UAI would come close to even getting into that and then the UAI dropped. u?

im doing the CO-OP program for BIT

Ova The hILLS

HSC
hey me too! looks like u'll be seeing each other soon :p
hey is infs1062 one tut and two tuts?

ace

is retired
HSC
A way to get rid of that friday lecture.

MATH1141/1131 is technically broken up into calculus and algebra lecture components. Each default selection yields you at uni for 4 days, 1 lec per day.

Now i suggest to you is that you determine/find out which is which (might say on myunsw, or just ring up maths faculty and politely ask which is the cal/alg lecs) then basically do a move-over* yourself. Since lectures aren't compulsory, they won't know you've jumped ship on one of your lecture streams to the other.

Doing this will yield you most likely 1 day off (Friday).

I did this myself back in 04 and had math1131 lectures from 9-11 monday and 9-11 wednesday. Pity the four day suckers (hehe).

*The move-over is manual, you still enrol in one of the 4 day streams, just when uni starts, you go to the individual calculus/algebra streams you want

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)