• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Help! (1 Viewer)

amaccas

HSC
N/A
For a research essay, when it states you need a bibliography, does that include making a table of cases, and statutes, as well as listing all your other sources?!

subdued123

HSC
it is generally good form in a law assignment to include a list of cases referred to and a list of statutes referred to - just set it out like they do in the front of a law textbook.

But this is only necessary if you're doing some research heavy stuff. If you referred to 5 cases and one act, then the list of authorities is overkill.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Does your referencing guide have anything about it.

We use the Aust. Guide to Legal Citation 2nd ed, I cant remember what it says but it might say you usually dont need one. However I know they often ask for one. What I usually do depends on the number of references, if there are a few i split them into the type otherwise I just do an alphabetised list. Why not ask the tutor how they'd like it as its not that common to need one when you have footnotes

amaccas

HSC
N/A
thanks.

is it wrong to have footnotes as well as a bibliography/list of sources? that's what I have now :|

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)