• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Helpful tips and tricks teachers have told you about...for anything (1 Viewer)

bmn

HSC
Hello,
Just wondering if you would share some helpful tips and tricks your teachers have shown you, i've heard people on here talk about their hsc marking teachers telling them some tips about doing the hsc , so what have you been told or what things have you learnt that could help someone in an exam.....

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
risole91 said:
Turning up to all exams & assessments helps alot!
Don't forget your pens, if you don't have pens - you can't write your answer!

wendus

krawr.
HSC
above answers all stupid. anyone wanting a serious answer on bos will never get one.

HSC
Mostly they do emphasis the simple stuff.

For example, pay strong attention to the question (explain, analyse etc) and make sure you answer it the right way.

And in multiple choice answers, usually it will be your first instinct (if you read the question right). Don't read too much into the question (especially applies to subjects like economics and business studies where the students knowledge may exceed the frame the examiner has in mind for the question).

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
wendus said:
above answers all stupid. anyone wanting a serious answer on bos will never get one.
Do the exam without a pen/pencil then.

wendus

krawr.
HSC
>:|

but srsly, pens with grips actually helps with cramps. and artline 0.4 felt tips are really awesome. usually not a fan of felt tips, but biros just don't work for me in exams. i need the INKKKK to SPILLLL

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
My teacher said: "If you passed CSSA MX1 paper, that's a good start for accelerants." and "Trials are harder than HSC papers".

He also said "Don't waste all your time on one question. Move on to the next questions." and "Study half a minute [meant to say hour] every day (at least)" and "You must spend 1.5 minutes for every mark in the Mathematics paper."

Last edited:

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
and if the question says SHOW
you have to show all the steps :burn:

and show working out

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
dwarven said:
and if the question says SHOW
you have to show all the steps :burn:

and show working out
That's basically same for all other questions.

For "Show" questions, you always have to prove from left hand side to right hand side.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)