• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

High atar in an under-represented school? (1 Viewer)

Nexercise

HSC
Is it possible to get a high atar in an underrepresented school? My school was ranked 580 in the NAPLAN last year (year 10) & my year isn't really that bright. I've been dux for the past 3 years, have received an ADF long tan leadership award & have the highest chance of captaincy. It's hard letting that go, but should I leave to a school that was ranked in the top 200 (Year 10 naplan last year)?

madharris

HSC
N/A
I'm kind of confused.
Are you saying that you're basing your decision based on naplan?
If then, then no... go to a top 200 school(preferably at least top 100) based on the hsc, not the naplan

Nexercise

HSC
By the way, the previous year that graduated ranked around 220 in the overall HSC rankings, and the year before that ranked around 550. My year consists of a lot of students who barely try. Even though I enjoy leading the cohort and remaining at the top, there is not much of a challenge.

MiseryParade

HSC
I'd stay at your current school. If you come first, your cohort won't affect you, and it's better to have a leadership role at a lower ranked school than to be an average student at a better ranked one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)