• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Holding Back (1 Viewer)

HSC
Stray said:
Are any of you afraid of being in love because it gives the other person too much power over you? That being in love gives them the power to utterly destroy you?
Handy hint for happy campers: When most people are in love, they pursue their interest in a manner which doesn't prompt the other party to press charges.

Play the game properly and you won't leave yourself open to being "utterly destroyed", you pathetic sack of shit.

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC
I would have thought that a crush is a desire for a person for your sake, happiness and fulfilment, while love in its purest sense is a desire for the fulfulment and happiness of the other person, generally coloured and marred by jealousy, envy, selfishness and what have you. Of course, the boundaries are blurred and it's all a situational thing.
I think I'm a bit of a sap.

ccc123

HSC
brogan77 said:
Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defenses, you build up a whole suit of armor, so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life...You give them a piece of you. They didn't ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like 'maybe we should be just friends' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It's a soul-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain. I hate love.
Wow. You've hit the nail on the head. Agree 100%. So true, Unrequited love sucks. It's like a virus, sucking all your energy and motivation. I hate love too. :)

Davriel

HSC
N/A
For guys, it's one of three things:

* Fear of rejection.
* Fear of being hurt (for some us, again and again)
* Fear of commitment

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)