• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Homosexuality in Australia (10 Viewers)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 674 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 182 13.1%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
secret said:
I most certainly do -what makes an individuals perception so beautiful is the fact that "trains of thought", can run miles apart.
Although I don't deny that, I say my train of thought because I feel it would be what most children would do - keep loving their parents and not run away.

I do, however, acknowledge that you know the way you'll react most of all, so I don't refute that.

dora_18

HSC
secret said:
Well, the "13+" was used as this was around the time I was becoming aware of such issues including: politics, homosexuality, war and so forth.

I understand where you are coming from in what you are saying, despite this, if I had a basic knowledge that I had fathers that were sexually intimate and adopted me for what fucking ever reason they did @ the time. I would not like the situation and I would find shelter with family members else where.

That isn't a crime to not like the thought of having two fathers that fuck one another. Are you going to throw your "gay appraising" text @ me and say '"why is this so" and "why do you think this" because I dislike the thought of it?

I won't respect your opinion if you don't respect mine. As individuals we all carry different perceptions of issues in the world, mine is harmless, but has thought provoked yours because we think different.

@ the end of the day, it dosen't matter what you say here, you wont alter my stance regarding this issue.

im not saying i dont have respect for your opinion...you clearly cant see where im coming from..but if you knew ANYTHING about raising kids you would know that it is easy to say from your perspective now what you think....but when you were 4 or 5 you didnt think twice about your parents values and what they did.....consequently those values grew on you and shaped the person you are today, at the age of "whatever" did you ever question what your parents did...if someone came up to you and thought that a certain parenting tactic was absurd did you say..hmm yeh you're right...?

its easy to say or dispute against a matter that is close to you and hypothesise what you WOULD do...but until you're actually there, you need to see both sides of the story.. its not about altering your stance on the issue...its about you realising that you wouldnt POSSESS the current attitude you do towards homosexuals if you were from a homosexual household...

dora_18

HSC
I ain't against homosexual individuals, my closest friend is a faggot
hahah! and did you tell your "friend" who is a "faggot"..that he isn't able to adopt or have kids by other means??im sure your best mate would be very happy to hear that

dora_18

HSC
wow, you're an awesome friend....hes really lucky to have you..:S

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
dora_18 said:
wow, you're an awesome friend....hes really lucky to have you..:S
I have a friend who's bi but mostly goes for men, I pay him out about it all the time and he doesn't care, he just calls me a faggot back.

robo-andie

HSC
bshoc said:
There is no right that gay people have that I don't have.
They aren't special rights. They are equal rights.

Were women asking for special rights when they wanted the right to vote? no.
They were asking for equal rights. And some men back then would have argued the issue the same way you seem to be "what have they done to deserve it". The real question is what have they done to deserve such injustice, such hate driven protest against what is a basic human right. To share love with another human being, no matter what gender.

Last edited by a moderator:

dora_18

HSC
im pretty sure he meant without being directly discriminated against...ie. regarding to "equal human rights"

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
bshoc said:
There is no right that gay people have that I don't have.

But they dont have equal rights. They can't form civil unions and be awarded the same rights as a hetrosexual married couple. I don't see how recognising their relationship under the law will hurt ANYONE. I know many gay and lesbain couples who are more devoted to each other, and have been together for longer than several straight married couples. I know too many homosexuals who would make absolutley beautiful parents wereas I've seen alot of young hetros have children they can't look after. I know a fair few lesbians who have children (it is alot easier for them), and you think their kids are worried they have two mums who love them? Maybe they will get paid it in school - in the same way blended families did, or single parent families did. Argue as much as you want, this idea of the 'Nuclear Family' is bullshit. I look at the people I grew up with, and most are single mum families, or step families, or adopted. How does that fall under the nuclear family everyone argues about. If I could be raised by one mum and no father, how would it be detremental to be raised by 2 mums?

This is certainly not a "non-issue", its a fact gays dont have the same rights as the rest of the population, hell actively gay men can't even donate blood! Even if they use protection and have only one partner, but a straight man can shove his dick in any hole (as long as it's female) and still be able to donate. This perception that all gay men rock upto stonewall and have unsafe sex with everyone in the place is ludicrious. A percentage of the population does, in the same way that straight men and women will rock upto Three Wise Monkeys or Coggee Bay Hotel in the hopes of picking up several backbackers - the whole population of hetrosexual australia does not take pact in this promiscurity, its just a small subgroup. Its the same in the gay community, it's only a small subgroup who take part in casual unsafe sex. I bet everyone on this board knows people who are gay. Although, with the closed minded views expressed by several people, people close to you probably wouldn't come out.

Last edited by a moderator:

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Heres something for you all:

Top 10 Arguments Against Gay Marriage

1. Being gay is not natural. Real Australians always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.

2. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

3. Legalising gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

4. Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

5. Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Brittney Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.

6. Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.

7. Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

8. Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in Australia.

9. Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

10. Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life span.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Why is everyone so blind... always?
Homosexuality is a 'Social Disorder', it makes regular men and women exhibit 'unnatural' sexualities, it also prevents men and women from reproducing, it is a socially, donateable characteristic. ie(It can be spread from individual to individual and is more prone in people with an insermountable almost inanimate surplus or lack of oestrogen).

A prime example of this is in San-Francisco California, 18% of the population are homosexuals. Yet just 50 Miles, south of that section of the state it's as low as 6%... explain that?

Enough with arguing.

A) It is unnatural
B) People can 'attribute' Homosexual Characteristics
C) It is a negative to society.

now about other issues,

D) Yes they deserve the same legal rights as striaght people.
E) It should be illegal to discriminate against them.
F) This argument is idiotic.

dora_18

HSC
It can be spread from individual to individual and is more prone in people with an insermountable almost inanimate surplus or lack of oestrogen
ok...dont talk science if you have absolutely NO clue what you're talking about...

as for this....
A prime example of this is in San-Francisco California, 18% of the population are homosexuals. Yet just 50 Miles, south of that section of the state it's as low as 6%... explain that
well i will gladly explain your "theory"...

the "region" that you're referring to is the city Castro...there is a larger amount of homosexuals here. ..and the simple explanation for it is that gay people move and live there becuase they are within an environment which is anti-homophoebic, they can get and out about with their partners or whatever and lead the life they CHOSE to live.. people aren't born there and grow up gay(well not on a whole)..in fact the majority of the population is middle aged men...

if i was black...and i was raised within an environment that was 97% white, and there was a district even in the next state where there was a large amount of black people and being there no longer made me in the minority... i think id be moving there...well id try to move there anyway...its easier to live a life in the majority rather than in the minority....some people aren't as strong as others and cant put up with the homophoebic or racist crap daily...

C) It is a negative to society
i think people with your views are a negative attribute to society...

Generator

HSC
N/A
sam04u said:
Homosexuality is a 'Social Disorder', it makes regular men and women exhibit 'unnatural' sexualities, it also prevents men and women from reproducing, it is a socially, donateable characteristic. ie(It can be spread from individual to individual and is more prone in people with an insermountable almost inanimate surplus or lack of oestrogen).

A prime example of this is in San-Francisco California, 18% of the population are homosexuals. Yet just 50 Miles, south of that section of the state it's as low as 6%... explain that?
Stop being such a fool, sam. It's because San Francisco is one of the most liberal cities in the US. It is a city that has long been associated with greater acceptance of and advocacy in support of gay and lesbian people, and it should be quite clear that such a locale is bound to have a higher proportion of gay and lesbian people than another that is not as liberal in nature.

Why you seem unable to grasp such a simple fact, I do not know, but I think that it has something to do with your incessant need to sprout utter rubbish.

dora_18

HSC
Why you seem unable to grasp such a simple fact, I do not know, but I think that it has something to do with your incessant need to sprout utter rubbish.
lol.. touche!

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
secret said:
Where did you get that from? Did you make that up?

I'm guessing that is writen by a gay, link?
Just on that note, calling someone a gay is almost offensive as calling them a faggot. It removes the adjective nature of it and implies that, is all they are. But the sexual orientation of the writer makes no change to the validity of the argument, in the same way that you being straight does not change whatever validity your arguments may have.

Sam04u said:
What evidence is there that it can be spread? Really the only thing I could believe that could happen is latent feelings could appear. However, in most cases that would be bisexuality rather then homosexuality.
Sam04u said:
Umm that is an idiotic argument, minority groups traditionally form communities. In the same way that you would be more likely to find a person of Chinese decent in China Town in Sydney then down south in say Walla Walla.

Sam04u said:
Enough with arguing.

A) It is unnatural
B) People can 'attribute' Homosexual Characteristics
C) It is a negative to society.
You have failed to provide any evidence that is unnatural other then molesting the theory of evolution and saying "OMG JUST BECAUSE PEOPLE CAN'T BREED IT INSTANTLY MAKES THEIR GENETIC TRAITS LESS LIKELY TO GO ON BECAUSE LYK OMG HUMANS AREN'T SOCIAL ANIMALS WHO FORM FAMILY STRUCTURES AND SIMILAR" I would agree that in solitary animals I cannot see how homosexuality would have any positive aspects, apart from the possibility of survival of more male fetuses with the resulting homosexual animals useless, however, in social structures they would still have a use.

You also failed to provide evidence that people can obtain Homosexual characteristics, or indeed have defined what homosexual characteristics are. The (exclusive for homosexuality) sexual attraction to ones own sex is the only characteristic, to say more is stereotyping.

As to C) I suggest you read an article called "The in-crowd" Written by Joan Roughgarden in the 17 Jan 2004 issue of New Scientist, but since in your profile you say books are for hippies and english teachers I highly doubt you will.

robo-andie

HSC
You don't have the right to free speech.
Our ability to speak freely is just courtesy.

dora_18

HSC
Just on that note, calling someone a gay is almost offensive as calling them a faggot
hah yeh i know, it was like this guy...

I ain't against homosexual individuals, my closest friend is a faggot
hahah! and did you tell your "friend" who is a "faggot"..that he isn't able to adopt or have kids by other means??im sure your best mate would be very happy to hear that
Ok, I shouldn't have could him a faggot cause his a good friend
and after that he changed his initial post to..
I ain't against homosexual individuals, my closest friend is a gay

dora_18

HSC
secret said:
Bahahahaha and your point dora_18? Are you saying I am offensive to homosexuals?
NO OF COURSE NOT!!!!!!! your attitude absoultely rules...if only we have more people like you out there...
(do i need to emphasise the sarcasm more...?)

robo-andie

HSC
secret said:
Bahahahaha and your point dora_18? Are you saying I am offensive to homosexuals?
I think the way you word some of your posts is offensive.

secret said:
ou perceive things strangely robo, how intriguing. I should be able to post a comment without moderators adjusting it to there liking.
No, that is why you were given a choice when you registered on BoS forums.
You could either 'agree' or 'disagree' to their rules and guidelines.
You obviously agreed, and as a result you and anyone of us posting can have our posts edited by a moderator for whatever reason.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
secret said:
Where did you get that from? Did you make that up?

It was an email...it's a joke you fucking moron, illustrating how idiotic arguments against gay marriage are. You would I need to provide a link for something which is simply to show how stupid the arguments are?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)