• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

how are people studying? (1 Viewer)

klh

HSC
are you behind/organised?
do oyu get everything?
how do oyu study? make notes/ summarise/ read or cram at the last minute?
and can you access your books? im having lots of trouble becoz everybody in my course is after this specific book.
anyway, how's yours?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
study??? whats that klh??? :p

um ... I'm still on my first week in intro to earth sciences, stupid textbook puts me to sleep and I failed my exam on tuesday, but i won't count ... 6/20 for chem, thats bad! :eek:

Most of my other subjects I'm a week behind. I want a day off!!!! Easter long weekend = catch up time!

2 subjects have textbooks so I just read them on the train, make notes on the side of the book, except for my earth sciences one cause its got pretty pictures!
I'm thinking that I really should be starting my assignments, not sitting on here arguing with pathetic people.

What are books???

And I hate cramming, I can't do it.

debugz

HSC
my mummy would be very proud of me. after a year with no mental stimulation, im more than making up for it now... im surpised how committed i am.... and im not getting up to any shit either, cause im so busy with work and uni..

just finished lecs at 8 toinght, start work at 6am tomoz and finish uni at 9pm tomorz :D

but yer, notes and research.. im all smert and know stuff :D assessments are starting to pile up - all due around the same week too - so i spose i should be tackling them soon.

Chang

HSC
i fink this thread would attract more results if it was called something like, 'how are people not studying' etc.

For me.... im well behind =[

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I'd kill for an essay like that natstar! I have to do a presentation and swot analysis on environmental auditing ... WTF! whats worse, is its group work :mad:

Jacks

HSC
well natstar considering it is so general the best thing you could do would be firstly to think of things you want to focus on yourself. If you were to come up with the question yourself what would you focus on? Think of different aspects and then try to research them individually. You obviously can make a broad statement first and then continue on to identify specifics. That may not seem very helpful, especially if you don't know what you want to focus on...but I don't know much about the hospitality industy...good luck with it though, you're smart you'll come up with something good.

Look at things like its imact on tourism for example...and then of course its subsequent impact on the region's economy. I.e. visitors bring money into the local economy by making purchases at restaurants etc. :)

As far as my study goes it can vary. I'm usually pretty up to date, though of course there are times when the workload gets a bit much. I usually get all my readings done on time though...and I try to get a head start on assignments when I can...I try to get in early otherwise you don't usually have that little luxury called time. I try to study week by week so that I don't end up with a huge load of stuff to learn in a short space of time ;)

Last edited:

kitty28

So far everything is ok.
I understand most of the information and it’s actually interesting.

As for study, it’s pretty good too. I go through lecture notes, note down what was emphasised, read the relevant parts of the text, write summaries and do practice question and exercises.

…however this week has not been my week! This week started off as normal as the last two weeks but then on Wednesday, Thursday and today, everything went wrong!
I’ll start with Wednesday:
* 8:00am – missed Lecture B of Chemistry 1 (damn 8:00am lectures!)
Thursday: * 10:00am missed Lecture for Intro. To Anatomy – then walked in the rain to the library
Today: * Forgot to print out lecture notes for Fund. Of Mathematics
* Lost track of time in the library then went to the wrong tutorial!

What happened today was probably the most embarrassing… I thought my tute was at 2:00 but it was at 1:00. When I got to my tute I saw this hot guy in my class leaving and I was like, where’s he going!... Anyway I got through the tute and only when the roll was being read out did I realise I was in the wrong tute. Luckily my tutor didn’t mind.

I’ll be happy when the Easter long weekend comes… I think I need to rest and get some sleep!

klh

HSC
so thats the secret to getting into that honour thing...keeping up to date. ooohhhhhh lol
cape..studying as the wordweb dictionary defines: Applying the mind to learning and understanding a subject (especially by reading)
which means nothing anyway.
we all need some sleep and to keep up to date. im behind on my readings even though i had a head start and its only becoz of my old habits of procrastinating and the damn tv.

L

LaraB

im cool with 3 outa my 4 subjects..

intro to law is driving me nuts tho! i so wish i was in Simon's class.. he makes so much more sense..

im behind in intro just coz i mean...in class, you dont really get answers as such tyo the seminar questions so you dont really know if you were on the right track or not so i end up having to do em twice basically n check with friends.
Multiple choice test on monday which is good that its multiple choice but bad coz its 10 questions, 10% and on anything from Ch 1,2,3,7 from our text book.... :( im gonna die..i hate this subject...
im so glad its only one semester n not the whole year..

Business is awesome but - MPW lecturer's cool - he like..does everything for youin the lecture notes and long as you come to lecture to jot down extra notes, you hardly even have to do the readings!

Workplace Behavoiur's easy to study for too long asyou turn up to the lectures, coz Nadine's cool and the work's inetretsing and she makes it interesting so i find i just hafta read over stuff and you remember it coz of the way she teaches it.

Torts Law class.. i duno..im finding this hard coz there's so much to rememebr..but i think i just hafta read my notes over n over till i get it..at least the stuff we've done from week1-4 only counts for the take home assessment... end of semester exam starts with material from week5 whichi s kinda cool coz if you dont quite get wk1-4, long as you know enough to do the assignment you're ok for the exam:)

i think i mostly just read over notes and do like.summary tables of important stuff eg theorists like, marx n weber n stuff for business, and the main points of their theories... but other than that coz the teachers explain stuff well if you do the seminar questions n the readings i guess you remember a lot.

Might be thinking differently come exam time tho lol:p

organised :D surprisingly all my notes are in order and are all summarised down for easy study when the half yearlies (or watever u call them at uni) start.

right now i get everything, its not that hard cos its all interesting but it is hard to keep up when the lecturer is sooooooo booorrrrriiinnngggg....

im stupid and bought all my bookz... hehe even tho im sure i wont even read all of them... ill know better for next time!!! :uhhuh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)