• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How can I improve my "people skills"? (1 Viewer)

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC
Ohhhh!
thanks :D I thought it was someone who made another account or something random like that hahaha
thnx

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
zdzislaw said:
Ohhhh!
thanks :D I thought it was someone who made another account or something random like that hahaha
thnx
They often do make another account in order to troll.

the.RAVER

HSC
Re: 回复: Re: How can I improve my "people skills"?

tommykins said:
Learn to control your body language, you want to give an aura of confidence and fun (outgoing?). Don't cross your arms, that seems defensive, don't cross your legs, that's also defensive. Roll your shoulder back with your chest forward (not like a douche, but you get the idea). Stand up stall and straight, arms to the side (don't put it in your pocket) and your chin should be up.

Your speech should be slow (not turtle slow, just not quick -> hesitant) and deep. Avoid using uhmmm's/uhhhs.

Dress up tidy and clean, well-groomed and use cologne/deo.

A good way to improve your social skills is by just dedicating a day talking to random people off the street.

Start off small, soemthing like "hey excuse me, would you happen to know the time? (obviously without wearing a watch, otherwise thatd just be weird)" or if you're waiting in line for food or whatever "hey i was thinking of trying [this], have you ever tried it?, is it good? etc etc.".

You can then pick it up to the point where you're out shopping and asking for opinions from random males (?) or females.

The hardest thing is overcoming anxiety, if that is abolished, just being yourself will suffice to any kind of person (unless you're by nature a huge asshole).
That piece of text shows some really good points. I worked at a Retravision store for 2 years and had to improve my 'people skills'. As a salesperson I had to watch my stance and manners. It was really good actually.

tussitussa

HSC
N/A

the.RAVER said:
That piece of text shows some really good points. I worked at a Retravision store for 2 years and had to improve my 'people skills'. As a salesperson I had to watch my stance and manners. It was really good actually.
good for u that u improved ur people skills..

I found that a lot of times we get mad at "bad" customers cuz we took what they say/do too personally. If we just convince ourselves that it's not personal then maybe we won't be angry at them. Of course we shouldn't let them "go too far" but there's no point being angry over little things they do. Like if a customer gets angry at u because they want something that's not on the menu..and it's not ur fault but they still yell at u then..being angry might please them more because sometimes they are just in a bad mood and want to pick up "fights" with u. don't fall into their trap.

BackCountrySnow

HSC

tbh. I hate people in sales who think they can charm you into buying products. It doesn't work. All I want from a salesman is straight information on the products and for him to directly answer my questions and not fly off on a tangent. No need for his bullshit flair. If you're into that shit go into politics.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC

Get off the internet and start talking to real people!

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Get a higher average WAM. 90+ should do it.

"People skills" are intuitive, if you don't have it, then you'l just have to expose yourself to more scenarios and develop from there.

Captin gay

Supremacist.
HSC
who gives a shit if you dont have people skills? you shouldn't care what snivelling little salesmen think of you. do it for the lulz.

^ follow this train of thought and watch your people skills improve :p

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC

blakegman said:
You seriously give some of the worst fucking advice on this forum sometimes. Something about the way you posts makes me think you would be such a loser in the real world.
is that necessary?

h1958buglid

HSC
GETT OUT THERE!! DO VOLUNTEER WORK!! JOIN NEW CLUBS!! DO MINI COURSES.. MAKE FRIENDS!!!

then you'll have CONFIDENCE :) which is allll you need...

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC

BackCountrySnow said:
it doesn't need to be
this is the internet..
a place for all cowards who'd only dare to abuse people in front of their pc. oh no, my feelings...

anyway, if you just talk to people openly and try not to be two-faced, they'd accept you.

jannny

HSC
Bobness said:
Get a higher average WAM. 90+ should do it.
Please dont post here, with this piece of shit. 90+ WAM is fucking useless, if you dont have people skills. Go enjoy with ur 90+ WAM

hololzor

HSC
always ask people questions;

how are you? how was your weekend? what did you get up to today?

people love talking about themselves and it takes the pressure off of you to say the 'right thing'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)