• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

*how Did You Go?* (1 Viewer)

dolbinau

HSC
For people that performed today, how did you go?

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
*sigh*
i WISH we had performed today
we're on thursday :(
i want to get it over & done with already!!

dolbinau

HSC
When you say they are 'nice', what does that mean :p?

Do they actually clap, or 'smile' after pieces, or anything?

r.uss

HSC
I just did mine today. Two out of three pieces went perfectly. The last, I feel, was a little rushed. For some reason, I did not settle down towards the end, but seemed to cumulatively build up adrenalin after each piece. I must have looked like I suffered from Parkinsons by the end...

But MOST importantly, I want the whole world to realise how hardly done by I am: I GOT A MODULATING SIGHT SINGING!

My feelings when I saw the dreaded G sharp (the piece was in D major to begin with) can only be described through an explanation of my bodily functions at the time: I was 2 seconds from vomiting and nearly passed out and for the rest of the one minute and forty-five seconds reading time, I shook even more than I had done after the pieces. Yes, I was basically standing up and having a fit.

Thank heavens a modulation to the dominant is not quite out of my reach... I have a feeling it sounded more convincing in my head, though...:uhoh:

slickerthnsleek

HSC
I was disappointed with mine... in my first song, the drummer played about 10 bars too many in the intro (we were doing Can't Stop by RHCP), in the second the vocalist entered 2 bars too early for the final chorus, and in the last the bass player played the chorus halfway through a verse. They sound minor, but if you'd heard, they were really obvious and I was so upset :(

I know they're marking me only, but it would've been better if all 3 songs were perfect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)