• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How do you study the syllabus??? (1 Viewer)

Jerruy

HSC
When studying the syllabus, which section is best to make notes on???
Content, What students learn to do, outcomes???etc

Rebecca1234

HSC
Heyya! .... Yeh like the last person said, it depends on the subject and the example they provided like economics!

What i do, is i look at the content of what the syllabus is .... Like business for yr 12 has 4 particular topics that will be studied, i study each topic and than look at the outcomes and make sure that i know what the outcomes are about and students need to no ......... i tick them off as i learn how to do them. It takes a great deal of time. But worth it as in the end you know what you are talking about

jessdoit

HSC
How about for Legal Studies and Society & Culture?

syera

HSC
N/A
i think "studying" the syllabus is pretty straightforward. just make notes on each dot point, most of the textbooks follow the syllabus, so the answers are right there!

Pubert

HSC
- Purchase an adequete testbook
- Find yourself someone elses summary which is pretty indepth.
- Make notes based on the syllabus dots points from 'Students learn to'
- Answer the questions which involve calculations from the textbook as u go through making the notes.
- Usually its easier to absorb more information when you do like 3 dot points a day including questions from the text book.
- Make your notes quite indepth as a summary in paragraph structure then summarise those notes with key words and basic sentences in dot point form.

Just remember the slower you go the easier it is to go in depth with the topics and it doesent hurt to look up external sources for information on certain concepts for subjects from wikipedia and other resources.

Rebecca1234

HSC
Hey, whilst on the subject of studying sullabuses, last night i was up late surfing the net n came across a site that helps us with http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/05/27/1085461887572.html

has all subjects and all help for us for the hsc :d hope it helps.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Rebecca1234 said:
Hey, whilst on the subject of studying sullabuses, last night i was up late surfing the net n came across a site that helps us with http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/05/27/1085461887572.html

has all subjects and all help for us for the hsc :d hope it helps.
Ahh, the 2004 HSC study guide.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)