• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How does SA-HELP work? (1 Viewer)

Sonesful

HSC
I'm a bit confused right now... I've applied for SA-HELP however I don't know what that entails. Can I just go to the campus book store and tell them I'm on SA-HELP and then I don't have to pay for the textbooks till later? Surely it can't be that simple.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
SA-HELP only covers the student services amenities fee (it's akin to the uni charging a flat tax to pay for campus services).

This doesn't cover day-to-day uni costs like textbooks.

Sonesful

HSC
Ohhh, so I don't have to do anything? It's just there?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Ohhh, so I don't have to do anything? It's just there?
It's like HECS in the sense that it defers the fee.

You still have to pay for things as per the norm.

D94

HSC
N/A
It's like one of those school contribution fees that you had to pay in (public) high school (not exactly, but think of it that way). But everything else like textbooks, calculators etc., you have to pay.

The SA-HELP simply defers your payment of that fee, just like how HECS defers your course fees.

rope

HSC
N/A
Can SA-HELP forms still be lodged now? I am presuming it should be able to be done before the census date.
Yep, you've got until 31st march
I cut it pretty close last year, didn't realise I filled out my form incorrectly by abbreviating "Bachelor" to "B." under course name. those boxes are too damn small.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
Yep, you've got until 31st march
I cut it pretty close last year, didn't realise I filled out my form incorrectly by abbreviating "Bachelor" to "B." under course name. those boxes are too damn small.
wait what

how do i check my SA-HELP application.... I think I can only find my HECS-HELP form online (I'm from UNSW)

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
you can choose to defer it with your HECS or pay it up front... what are you paying for... nothing really...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)