• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

how is the tempest imaginative? (1 Viewer)

aussiechic

HSC
i ahve been studyign the tempest in class and have to do an assessment on it soon and do not understand how it is imaginative besides the use of magic. i dont really understand the whole stroylines purpose. can anyone help? what are some other texts that can be related to it like comparative texts

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
+The magic of prospero
+The notion of "perfect"
+How sleep and dreams are a motif in the play
+Spirits (Ariel)
+The mysteriuos noises that are on the island
+The illusion of justice
+Men vs. Monster = What is perceived to be them respectively

bridgett

betty's bitch
HSC
id say the way prospero manipulates the imagination of the shipwrecked ppl ... and the journey is how he goes from exilement to freedom ... also the journey the audience goes on by the use of Shakespeares techniques (thats what my teachers been sayin anyway)

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
The thing with 'The Tempest' is you have to realise that it looks at the formless flux of nature vs the formalism of Prospero's art. The island to Prospero represents a kind of humanist experiment. It looks at the nature of illusion and reality-metatheatircal device of the opening tempest. IJ leads to greater understanding of the self. It looks at journeys within journeys with the multiple perceptions of the isle.

I just love the text. I could go on about it forever..

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
what i don't get is why you were posting on this website at 10:45 on New Years Eve.

And Imaginative journeys are easy, if you really don't get it, go back to basics. Think of it as any journey that takes place, whether its inner or physical, due to an event that occured in the mind of, say a character. That is the easiest way to think about it.

For example, in American Beauty, you could say that Lester undertook all those radical changes in his life (quitting his job, buying a firebird ect.) because of the release he tasted through his fantisies about that chick.

Bearing in mind, this is a very basic way to look at it, you're gonna have to go well beyond that if you want a band 6.

Oh, and use words like 'juxta-position' and 'omnipotence', and refer to yourself as the 'responder'.

At first with Imaginative journeys i was like 'what the fuck', but now its sweet, ask your teacher, or a nerdy friend, its all good, now i'm fully glad that we are doing imaginative journeys, they leave you with so many options and much freedom.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)