• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

how many unexplained absences are allowed in yr 11? (1 Viewer)

huhwotsthis

HSC
i currently have like 6 and im worried that i might have more:( how many days are acceptable?

Jess007

HSC
lol..go to school then...that will stop u worrying, nah a few people in my year were away for more then that, youll be fine :)

moz324

HSC
u r allowed 15% of the time away, over the year i think that eqautes to about 20-24 days, so u should b fine.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
By unexplained do you mean no doctor's certificate? Are you just purposely skipping school? If you're deliberately being absent from school when you have no good reason to be, then you deserve every punishment you get.

HSC
A few people in my year would be lucky to be at school a maximum of 3 days a week.
Sometimes instead of coming to school they would show up after lunch, only attending two classes which hardly seems worth the effort.
Said students are not at school this week, one is on an excursion and another isn't coming to school at all this week.
It seems they cannot attend school unless the other one is.
How sweet.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
We've got a guy who's had cancer - he has been away for almost a year - but he still turned up to our formal. Sorta wonder how he's going to cope with school and stuff.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Yeah, but that's an explained absence.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Aplus said:
Yeah, but that's an explained absence.
Yeah, I know - but how does he cope with school and stuff?

Aplus

HSC
N/A
He might do his HSC over a few years.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
i'm getting a lot of unexplained absenses. lol. I just decide not to go if i don't have more than half my classess that day. It takes me over an hour to get to school anyway (i live in roseville), so it'll be pointless to go for just 2 hours or something. I can learn more at home by myself.

huhwotsthis

HSC
You live in Roseville and travel to Manly every day.:( I guess it's best to accentuate the positives of a selective high.

Conspiración

HSC
N/A
LOL fucking
Mate, I had 74% attendence rates. They "want" 85%. But they don't fail you for your attendence, you just need to meet the outcomes (ie do the assessments eventually etc). I was either late or absent - almost always.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
foram said:
i'm getting a lot of unexplained absenses. lol. I just decide not to go if i don't have more than half my classess that day. It takes me over an hour to get to school anyway (i live in roseville), so it'll be pointless to go for just 2 hours or something. I can learn more at home by myself.
Yeah, I've heard that reasoning so many times before. They usually end up doing something else. :p

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
Aerath said:
Yeah, I've heard that reasoning so many times before. They usually end up doing something else. :p
so true, i wasted today by playing final fantasy crisis core. i should have been studying...

SG1991

The crazy volunteer <3
HSC
The usual 85% attendance!!

Oh, 3 late passes count as one day. Meaning a person is late to school three times within a term it is counted as one day of school !! I have been late to on the:
Since I have been three times, this is known as an unexplained absence!!! school!! Two days of school - swimming carnvial and today's stirke!!

My total is three days!!

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Conspiración said:
Depends on the school.
We just have "partial absence", it doesn't add up to a day.
Likewise.

HSC
foram said:
so true, i wasted today by playing final fantasy crisis core. i should have been studying...
and you wasted last time watching death note.

actually...thats not wasting time.
a guy doing ext. 2 english is using it for his crime fiction text.

and death note is awesome.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
huhwotsthis said:
i currently have like 6 and im worried that i might have more:( how many days are acceptable?
I'm not sure, but I was away about 50% of days and still got a UAI (96.35)

I think my school faked it somehow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)