• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How many years does it take for your UAI not to apply to transfers (1 Viewer)

M_86

HSC
I cant seem to remember or find the answer.
If anyone could remember it would be a great help.

You see my UAI brings me down so much that I could never hope to transfer into my course. Maybe If I get lucky and the NRSL is really low. But I have been qouted that the NRSL is much the same as the UAI.
I am not saying I dont have any other options because I do but none of them envolve me actually getting into the course. I thought that maybe an options is to wait until the end of 3rd year and transfer.
(I also understand that some unis dont use your UAI but I guess I would like to stay here in newcastle if I could)

So the question remains.
How many years does it take for your UAI not to apply?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
As you said, it is dependant on faculty/uni what transfer process they employ, but if they use the 50/50 UAI/Tertiary mark, I'd assume UAI always counts. Your best bet is to ask the specific faculty at Newcastle to make sure of their policy.

M_86

HSC
O really.
I thought that after a few years they couldnt count it.
You cant be saying that at 75 I will still be using my UAI.

klh

HSC
no but at 75 you woudl already have a degree, so you would most likely do postgrad which looks at your academic results and not uai.
maybe just finish any degree than do the degree you want postgrad? thats what i might be doing since im already in 2yrs in my current one, ill seee i fi can find a job before thinking aobut doing another degree.

M_86

HSC
Ya I thought it was three years or five years. One of the two.

M_86

HSC
Komaticom said:
So if a friend of mine is doing B Arts at UWS, and tries to transfer to a Law program after the first year (asumming HDs in every subject), it won't happen?
Some unis use the better of your UAI or your uni marks.

X

xeuyrawp

natstar said:
Its usually for 2 years
Errr, sometimes it's not. I knwo that this isn't 'transferring', but grad law entry still looks at 25% of your jUAI.

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
Admission requirements:Admission to the course is very competitive and depends solely on your academic record. Selection rests on the UAI or its equivalent (25 per cent) and tertiary grade point average (75 per cent). Recent experience suggests that a UAI in the 90s and a tertiary grade point average in the high credit to distinction range are necessary. Where applicants have completed more than one degree, the tertiary record will be based on the better degree.

If applicants do not have a UAI or equivalent, admission will be based on tertiary average alone. Applicants who have completed a PhD, a research Master's degree or an honours degree (especially First Class) generally receive an offer.

From USYD Grad law.

http://www.uac.edu.au/courses/usyd/511800.html

X

xeuyrawp

sikeveo said:
Admission requirements:Admission to the course is very competitive and depends solely on your academic record. Selection rests on the UAI or its equivalent (25 per cent) and tertiary grade point average (75 per cent). Recent experience suggests that a UAI in the 90s and a tertiary grade point average in the high credit to distinction range are necessary. Where applicants have completed more than one degree, the tertiary record will be based on the better degree.

If applicants do not have a UAI or equivalent, admission will be based on tertiary average alone. Applicants who have completed a PhD, a research Master's degree or an honours degree (especially First Class) generally receive an offer.

From USYD Grad law.

http://www.uac.edu.au/courses/usyd/511800.html
That's exactly what I said! :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)