• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How much fight do you still have in you? (1 Viewer)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Originally posted by Loz#1
Fuck me, you're all wimps. Term 2 hasn't even finished yet and you're all whining and whinging.
loz, that's really unfair, it's not like this is going on everywhere, it's one thread in school which doesn't affect you at all, so i don't understand why you had to come in and be a bitch about it. as much as i like and respect you i had to say that, because i think it was really insensitive and bitchy of you.

nessie_lee

Povo Uni Student!
Knights territory.... and I'm a Doggies supporter!
HSC
yeah i'm over it... my friend and i came up with a theory... "Year 12 is a vicious cycle... you get no sleep because your stressed, your stressed because you've done no work, you;ve done no work and bearly get through the day, because your unmotivated, your unmotivated because you got really bad report marks, this is because you get no sleep, are stressed etc"... see what i mean! viscious cycle! hehe

Giant Lobster

HSC
Originally posted by FUDGED_UP

My aim is to get a UAI of 90, these are the subjects i do:
Adv. English
2-unit maths (by the way im failing this)
Legal Studies
Visual Arts
3-unit Spanish

Do you think i can get a UAI of 90 with these subjects???? :confused:
As many before me have said, it doesn't matter what you do, as long as you do it well.
Though if you're aiming for something ridiculous like 99.90+ then certain subjects will help you more than others. But for a 90, scaling won't make any noticeable difference.

mack

Banned
HSC
I can totally relate. I started studying first day of yr 12, like really studying, 4 hours a night, but less than comparable results seriously shot my motivation and confidence to bits. Now im lucky if i can do 2, and damn foxtel keeps putting on more and more law and order! And the 2 hours i spend at my desk involve me pretty much drumming with pens....

rainonmay

floating around
HSC
I planned to work hard this year but it didn't happen. I figured i will juz cram hard before the HSC and hope for the best. I lack the motivation plus i don't see the point in wasting my time when regardless of how much effort i put i get around the same marks.

J

jhakka

I get motivated for about ten minutes and then I realise Ancient History is still one of my courses.

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
^^ ancient rules! seriously well for me anyway! i mean its like rally interesting, so it is not a haslle to memorise the stuff. coz it is cool .. for me anyway

J

jhakka

Originally posted by *girl04*
^^ ancient rules! seriously well for me anyway! i mean its like rally interesting, so it is not a haslle to memorise the stuff. coz it is cool .. for me anyway
It's boring and makes me want to cry.

Estel

Tutor
HSC
How can you not like ext. maths? Unless you're salivating at the prospect of ext. 2 maths next year :p

J

jhakka

Estel, you're the first person I've seen with a decent UAI goal.

Giant Lobster

HSC
Originally posted by jhakka
I get motivated for about ten minutes and then I realise Ancient History is still one of my courses.
lmao mate thats what you get for taking a stupid course :p
what you learning now? gay spartan soldiers? hahahaha

ok srsly though, motivation is precioussss... so very precious. -.- I need more of it

J

jhakka

Originally posted by Giant Lobster
lmao mate thats what you get for taking a stupid course :p
what you learning now? gay spartan soldiers? hahahaha

ok srsly though, motivation is precioussss... so very precious. -.- I need more of it
Actually I'm learning about Egyptians who have to rebuild the kingdom because they were dumb enough to have it taken over in the first place.

Giant Lobster

HSC
Yeah... stupid egyptians :p
I prefer mod history... Hitler and shit I find much more interesting

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by nessie_lee
yeah i'm over it... my friend and i came up with a theory... "Year 12 is a vicious cycle... you get no sleep because your stressed, your stressed because you've done no work, you;ve done no work and bearly get through the day, because your unmotivated, your unmotivated because you got really bad report marks, this is because you get no sleep, are stressed etc"... see what i mean! viscious cycle! hehe
true

Originally posted by flyin'
The HSC isn't the end of the world. (Try tell that to Year 12s! :p)
yeah just the beginning of a very shit one - as quoted by a cynic

Originally posted by Kulazzi
wats with all the mianai pics in everyone's av? Did he win or something????? :confused: :D

(sorry, this has nothing to do with this thread and I'm a bit slow today!)

everyone seems obsessed with him for some reason

J

jhakka

Originally posted by Giant Lobster
Yeah... stupid egyptians :p
I prefer mod history... Hitler and shit I find much more interesting
Though I've heard the workload is way bigger than Ancient's, I'd rather write essays about facts rather that flimsy evidence. Modern would have been better.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by *girl04*

zZzz.....go modern for me

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
Ah, economics and general maths make me weep...its like all we ever do is be assessed...even the cake rosters do not make up for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)