• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How much harder is Prelim from year 10? (1 Viewer)

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Our teachers say it's 5 times harder. I want to hear a second opinion. Also, do any of you procrastinate more than study in this year?

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
its abit harder but i still bludged alot.

lychnobity

HSC
Our teachers say it's 5 times harder. I want to hear a second opinion. Also, do any of you procrastinate more than study in this year?
3 times would be more accurate. A part of it is the realisation that, at least for maths, it's going to count.

I had the same study habits in now, in year 12, as I did in year 7. So, yeah, I procrastinated more than I studied.

kylie.110292

HSC
i am in year 12 and my study patterns havent changed since year 10 or should i say they dont exist. I am still getting the same good marks i always have and i know that i should be doing a lot more than what i am but the motivation just isnt there. it depends on the person if prelim is going to be harder than year 10, it is only harder in that you want to try harder and put in more effort

ilovetigers92

HSC
For me its not that much harder. i just did my prelim for 3 subjects and have moved onto year 12. But the biggest thing is to study what you learn in Prelim because it will help. maybe studying 6 subjects might be challenging but use time management and you will do fine.

Concerti

HSC
It isn't that much of a step..
Just stay on top of your work and you'll be fine

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I don't think you can quantify how harder Year 11 is when compared to Year 10, but it is quite a jump in terms of workload and the depth of the knowledge that is examined. It's probably more larger than the shift from Year 11 to Year 12.

samthebear

HSC
it depends on what you mean by 'harder' the content imo, didnt change much. it was more of the attitude towards work that changes the most. for me i found prelim hard because i wasnt used to this new way of thinking, this new attitude towards work. where my best had to be better than the majority and has to be in the top strata of marks - if my best didnt reach that level then i've failed.

Everyone suddenly gets competitve and dumb shits suddenly get smart over night. It has only gotten harder because other people whom you used to beat in class without even working were suddenly right up your arse and you realise "Holy shit, if i dont work hard this dumb shit in year 10 is gunna rape me."

and this:

I don't think you can quantify how harder Year 11 is when compared to Year 10, but it is quite a jump in terms of workload and the depth of the knowledge that is examined. It's probably more larger than the shift from Year 11 to Year 12.

Jeee

Banned
HSC
It becomes a lot more competitive. Once I hit year eleven I became so overwhelmed that it has just been complete and utter blah so far. I just don't know what to anticipate.
The teachers never spoke to us about the preliminary course or the HSC, it was assumed we would have known through people. But you still want that talk from your teachers, that depth of what it's really going to be like.
I'm still trying to figure out how it works, and what suits me. I never got to think it over beforehand. I just can't believe I'm in year eleven going on to year twelve... it's all gone too fast.

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
Depends on your subjects. Pick bludgy subjects, it'll be heaps easier. Pick Harder subjects, it's a little more difficult. But yeh if your there to get a good ATAR it doesn't really matter.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
i found year 11 to be easier somehow -.-

i reckon year 12 > year 10 > year 11 for me -.-

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I found Yr 11 really hard - mainly caused I bludged around in Yr 10, and really decided to pull my finger out in Yr 11. :p

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
meh yr7-yr10 is basically all the same.
yr 11 wasn't much different lol.
and year 12 is just bit harder than 11.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Year 11 was harder for me because I took extra units by correspondence. Other than that it wasn't to difficult. However, if you want to keep on top you need to put in the effort, because you can be sure other people are.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Going from Year 10 into Senior school, taking those first steps into Year 11 is like catching a train for the very first time on your own having no idea where the train will go except for the coloured route on the wall. It's kind of confusing and misleading, taking you on a weird journey but the trip to the final destination of Year 12 is all worth it.... getting to see the sights and meet new challenges.

d3vilz

HSC
Uni Grad
i found it a bit hard in the first term to adjust to the workload

speedofsound

HSC
not that much harder. just different.
i procrastinate and bludge more this year than i did last year.

Going from Year 10 into Senior school, taking those first steps into Year 11 is like catching a train for the very first time on your own having no idea where the train will go except for the coloured route on the wall. It's kind of confusing and misleading, taking you on a weird journey but the trip to the final destination of Year 12 is all worth it.... getting to see the sights and meet new challenges.
that is an inspiring metaphor.

AliciaP1nk

HSC
It shoked me to start with, i loved it. I got treated a lot different and i was interested in the things i was learning.

But then the work started and I started to struggle.
I only have 1 term left, and im still trying to tred water.

I procrastinate a lot and i find i cry a lot from stress lol

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
Prelim is too easy :p

Just make sure you know how to do everything (ie. you don't need to come 1st in every exam, just make sure you understand everything) and it should be a strong foundation for you in year 12.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)