• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How much work should i put in? (1 Viewer)

sannous1

HSC
How much work should i be doing to, at least get a 65 -75 for chemistry in my HSC, its the only subject im struggling with, like sometimes i get it but at times i cant, and atm im just trying hard to do well in my assessments, because i noe when i sit my HSC,it wont be all that great. Ive kind of given up on myself, because i think its too late. And like all my other subjects for eg pd , legal im 90+, and maths2unt and english advc im 80+, but arhh, any advice anyone, please i feel like crying at times.

wendus

krawr.
HSC
to get a 65-75 wouldn't be so hard.. and you can't give up on yourself!! the hsc is still a while away, you can work at it. looks like you don't have any spare units, so definitely put some time into chem. just read through the textbook after class to consolidate on what you learned during the day and keep doing it throughout the year. just like any subject, the core concepts aren't so hard once you understand them. good luck!

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Yeah, it's far too early to give up yet. Remember, first assessment that you may have screwed up in was probably only about 10-15%, there's still 85% to go, heaps of time to consolidate and revise work.

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
put in as much as you can for all your subjects, at the end of the day youll know youve done your best

sannous1

HSC
thanks u guys, i guess i jst needed someone to tell me thats its not too late to give up , much appreciated.

Kamal15

HSC
lol man
chem is not about hours of study its about smart study
u need to know how to answer the questions in the test according to their verb
make ur own notes to start off with by riting each syllabus dot point and answering it according to the verb
consistently revise these
and then do tonnes of past papers going through the marking schemes to ensure ur on the rite trak in terms of answers
do this and i can ensure u will get not onli 60-70 but maybe even 80-90
thats what i did and it didnt turn out so bad
and dont give up :D

LordPc

HSC
if you do every dot point yourself and understand them while you are doing it (as in not looking up someone elses dot point answers amd just copying them) you will get what you need easily

PrettyVacant

HSC
Wow don't sell yourself short. Don't aim for 60's or 70's...aim far, far, higher.

Honestly it's not too late til you put your pen down in the HSC external exams and the test is finally over.

studentcheese

HSC
Study smart. Don't just re-read your notes. make sure your notes are simple and cover the syllabus dot points. Try to understand the concepts. I suggest that you keep practicing from your textbook with any material that you don't understand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)