• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How should i plan my studying (1 Viewer)

kekeheaven

HSC
Hi I have trouble planning an overall study timetable, is there any recommendations u can give me?
Current topics:
maths 2 unit
maths 3 unit
english general
physics
business studies
Information processing technology
Software design development
total =13 units

I have approximately 6 hours of free time EVERY DAY!! i really dont know how to plan my studies
I have tutoring on friday 6-8, i got tutoring sunday 9-12 , i go to sleep at 11ish on modays and wednesdays, and sleep around 12ish at tuesdays , sundays , Thursdays, friday and saturday i usually stay up too 1, i usually come home and start studying around 4, any suggestions?..

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
Timetables never worked for me, i just studied what i felt like. That worked fine in the HSC but in Uni it isnt going that well :p.

But i guess the best thing to do would be spend more time on the subjects you struggle with the most. Maybe work in 2 or 3 hour blocks, have a 5min break...

Another thing, i found it much more productive to work on a single subject per day rather than a few.

kekeheaven

HSC
jake2.0 said:
Timetables never worked for me, i just studied what i felt like. That worked fine in the HSC but in Uni it isnt going that well :p.

But i guess the best thing to do would be spend more time on the subjects you struggle with the most. Maybe work in 2 or 3 hour blocks, have a 5min break...

Another thing, i found it much more productive to work on a single subject per day rather than a few.
hmmm like , i really cant organise myself, i usually have my social activities distrupting me at any time

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Although study timetables can be helpful in exam periods, or in the lead up sometimes they can be a hindrance. At the moment you are in year 11 so you have plenty of time to organise a study timetable and to make sure it suits you. I suggest you organise it in 1 hour time blocks from 4pm - 7pm leaving the remaining time for homework\assessments which is different.

And remember once preliminary is over your marks are wiped and you start fresh for HSC year where all marks matter, so try not to stress to much over preliminary. Good Luck!

kekeheaven

HSC
Kid.@dmin said:
Although study timetables can be helpful in exam periods, or in the lead up sometimes they can be a hindrance. At the moment you are in year 11 so you have plenty of time to organise a study timetable and to make sure it suits you. I suggest you organise it in 1 hour time blocks from 4pm - 7pm leaving the remaining time for homework\assessments which is different.

And remember once preliminary is over your marks are wiped and you start fresh for HSC year where all marks matter, so try not to stress to much over preliminary. Good Luck!
Thanks for reminding me its preliminary...

live.fast

HSC
N/A
do it like this....dont study nuffink till its 1 week before ur tests, den study to da MAXIMUS!!! and yea, ya shud do well. It's good advice, dun worri

please note: this is advice from a guy failing most of his courses....

=)

HSC
live.fast said:
do it like this....dont study nuffink till its 1 week before ur tests, den study to da MAXIMUS!!! and yea, ya shud do well. It's good advice, dun worri

please note: this is advice from a guy failing most of his courses....

=)
Let me guess, one of those courses is English??

live.fast

HSC
N/A
actually, im doin alrite in eng...15/15, 22/25, 18/20, 9/10 ...not bad eh.. =)

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
Fact: When you study a topic in, say Biology, for around an hour, then in within 24 hours you do a 10-15 minute recap of what you studied, then you will remember 80% of that information for the rest of the week. And if you keep on recapping just 10-15 everyday for a few days then it will be stored in your long term memory.

However, if you don't recap of what you studied in the previous day/night, then it will be temporarily stored in your short term memory.

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
kekeheaven said:
Hi I have trouble planning an overall study timetable, is there any recommendations u can give me?
Current topics:
maths 2 unit
maths 3 unit
english general
physics
business studies
Information processing technology
Software design development
total =13 units

I have approximately 6 hours of free time EVERY DAY!! i really dont know how to plan my studies
I have tutoring on friday 6-8, i got tutoring sunday 9-12 , i go to sleep at 11ish on modays and wednesdays, and sleep around 12ish at tuesdays , sundays , Thursdays, friday and saturday i usually stay up too 1, i usually come home and start studying around 4, any suggestions?..
Just...grab whatever you can see and start making notes on them, and don't get distracted by other things :p Talking about making notes, haven't looked at my physics textbook for aaaaaaaages...I should start studying. Maybe it helps that my computer at home doesn't work now. (But that's not what I hoped for! Library computers are so troublesome to get access to :()

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)