• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How to remember economics?! (1 Viewer)

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
I'm only on chapter 2 yet I'm freaking out on how to actually remember all this stuff. It just goes on and on and the info is endless. HELP!!!! How do I eventually remember all this stuff?

leesh95

HSC
Well firstly it depends on what textbook you have.
I know the Tim Riley one has a lot of info and it does seem a lot of hassle to memorise but if you get the Dixon one and just look at the key concepts first it's easier.

Also you will eventually find that in economics its all about concepts. You need to be familiar with a few basic concepts and they repeat themselves in every topic that you will study. In economics the same things keep coming up again and again in different forms making it easier to memorise if you know the concepts.

kwu1

HSC
Don't stress out! Keep calm and firstly run through the main headings in the HSC syllabus, e.g. balance of payments. Read selectively on the topic and pick out the main points, for instance, the layout of the balance of payments- balance on goods and services, net primary income, net secondary income (forming the current account balance) and then the capital and financial account. Then I would recommend creating a brief summary sheet about 1-2 pages for each topic and use acronyms and selective highlighting to help with memorising key concepts.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Yeah trueess. But then again if i wanna get good i needa know depth right?
That's where memorising the features comes in.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Learn the underlying concept behind the content, once you understand this you can logically work out the rest. This makes studying content easy because you understand how the concept actually functions, and thus will retain and learn it in greater depth.

Phaze

Pleb.
HSC
Many people assume Economics is just content and has no concepts behind it, but that isn't the case, once you understand the concepts you will begin to realise that a lot of the things you "learn" is just putting multiple concepts together or applying them to real life scenarios. I use the Tim Riley book and yeah it gets extremely tedious and goes too indepth at times but if you dig through it you walk out with a better understanding.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)