• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How to successfully study for english....PAPER TWO (1 Viewer)

Elliee

Crazy Kid
HSC
How does everyone study for english, paper two in particular? I just memorise quotes and a few "intelligent" sounding sentences, and it all seems to come together in the exam room. I'm curious to know about the people who memorise essays, what if it didn't fit at all? E.g for Hamlet, what are people memorising, the topic is just SO BIG!

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
I just learn my quotes and their associated explanations.

K4M1N3

HSC
The funny thing about Hamlet is that all the main themes are well connected so if someone where to memorise specific themes, they can easily adapt them to a specified theme in the question. I reckon the most important thing is to have a sound knowledge of all texts...

Gangstar1

HSC
eh i got a question for essays in general? is it ok to write two huge points? making 1000 words? or do you need more discussion?

Elliee

Crazy Kid
HSC
eh i got a question for essays in general? is it ok to write two huge points? making 1000 words? or do you need more discussion?
We got told to talk about two points in heaps of depth, like tracing them throughout the play!

Gangstar1

HSC
We got told to talk about two points in heaps of depth, like tracing them throughout the play!
so you can still achieve a good mark with an in depth analysis? its still suffice?

Elliee

Crazy Kid
HSC
Hell to the yes! I think three is pushing it, they want quality not quantity! In depth analysis is much better than briefly touching the surface of 4/5 points!

Gangstar1

HSC
Hell to the yes! I think three is pushing it, they want quality not quantity! In depth analysis is much better than briefly touching the surface of 4/5 points!
ohk thanks a bunch +rep =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)