• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How to tell parents you didn't make it into 4u (2 Viewers)

aDimitri

i'm the cook
HSC
Just some information:

This year Baulko for the first time had 5 extension 2 maths (total - 111 students) classes instead of the usual 4, supposedly violating the gentlemen's agreement you raised earlier.

The head teacher was reluctant to form 5 4u classes, but he did so because extension 1 marks for the prelim course (which are used to determine who gets in and who doesn't) were so so tight in the ranks ranging from 80 to 110.

however, he did make all students sit the 2u assessment in term 4 (in case any students dropped back to 3U) and subsequently forced weaker 4U students sit 2u assessments for hy and term 2 and yearly. in the end, only 4 students ended up dropping from 4u to 3u.

just some info....

also, braintic, could you just respond to my pm whenever you get time? I sent it a while ago.....
at penrith all the 4U students sit 2U up until trials so they still have the option to drop back. (bar the accelerated kids for obvious reasons)

D94

HSC
N/A
But WHY do they do that. Why don't they let kids choose for themselves?
(I know the answer BTW, just want to hear what line they spin)
There's actually not that many students who want to do 4u so that 'restriction' doesn't even get applied.

aDimitri

i'm the cook
HSC
Well if people ranked around 30 are getting 50-60 raw then comparing 30th at Penrith to 72nd at the top schools was probably being overly generous.
well i was talking about people ranked in the 40s because they are the ones that don't get in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)