• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Hows your prospects for this semester? (1 Viewer)

Tabris

HSC
LAW204 Contracts, - good lecture, easy flowing material and content

LAW205 Criminal - lecture can be monotonous and the 1st lecture really got me lost

LAW314 COnst - lots and lots of work, textbook can be intimidating

ECON309, - good lecturer but looks like "no memorisation" and tough standards might hurt.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
lol.

Well, so far (In a whole 1 week :p):

PSY418: Research Design (fairly good so far. But looking at the type of statistical methods that need to be covered is enough to make me cry!).

PSY324: Counselling (no idea, because the first workshop is on saturday :p

THESIS: Its one of those things that remain constantly at the back of my mind, regardless of what i'm doing. With less than 20 days to go to my design proposal seminar, i really need to get my arse into gear and figure out exactly!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
MAS 389 - seems mad fun
MAS 306 - will depend how quickly I can churn a script out and get editing
MAS 308 - as above

X

xeuyrawp

Coptic = easy HD,
Middle Kingdom = I'm going to die,
German = P/Fail subject. Easy P.

mserica

HSC
HRM207 - Seems okay.. Pass but maybe a Credit
PSY104 - Havent had the lecture yet, though a Pass will be brilliant !!!

P

pLuvia

MATH132 - Possible HD if not D, right now the subject is pretty easy basic revision
ACST151 - D probably a Cr, same with above
ECON110 - Need a Cr at least, interesting but a lot to learn
STAT171 - Same as above maybe a D, pretty easy nothing hard yet

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
it's definitely too early! i've only had half my classes. i have no idea at this point, no idea of the difficulty of content, standards of marking, abilities and motivation of other people.

ALLLICE

HSC
Phil132- really interesting and after doing the readings for this week things are clicking...
Hist189-zzzzz zzzz zz ..the lecturer just reads her friggen slides!...while expecting us to copy them down without giving us enough time to write everything...seriously considering ditching the lectures and just downloading the slides
Ling109-seems good so far! and everyone who's done it can't wait to tell you what a fantastic course it is...
Soc175- last weeks lectures were very interesting...the lecturer actually engages with the audience rather than sticking exactly to powerpoint slides

but I honestly wouldn't have a clue about what kind of grades i'll get....it's all waaay different to high school so how would i know?

dracover

HSC
just a note of warning to the people doing stat 171 and acst151 its deceptively haed. u think its easy then u sit the test and its pretty difficult. not so that u wont get a cr but dont be expecting a d cause most of u's will be disappointed i fink. me and lots of my friends expected D's but ended up with onli high cr

anywas my subs

ACST354: boring theory so far...but seems to be getting hard very fast
ECON309: so much reading ..... boring lecturer
ECON350: seems easy revision but boring

omg do u seem to see a patern with all my subjects

P

pLuvia

dracover said:
just a note of warning to the people doing stat 171 and acst151 its deceptively haed. u think its easy then u sit the test and its pretty difficult. not so that u wont get a cr but dont be expecting a d cause most of u's will be disappointed i fink. me and lots of my friends expected D's but ended up with onli high cr
Thanks for the warning :(

garesuka

HSC
N/A
JPN124: Sometimes its hard to understand what Mio Bryce says, but its actually very interesting. We get to watch videos :)

ARTS100: Just like Year 12 art but with fancy terms. The lectures are actually quite fun, well after the powerpoint is done cause today we had a singer/songwriter perform.

JPN153: It was good just too basic (it was like doing year 12 all over again), so I had to change to JPN221... I'll see what thats like tomorrow.

HIST198: Its ok, Lorna Barrow seems like a good lecturer/tutor, just doesn't help that I don't like Medieval history :(

CieL

HSC
BBA250: Dont know, haven't attended anything
BUSL250: Instant FAIL.. I seriously dont even understand what's going on..
MKTG101: Dont know, wasn't listening in the lecture..
HRM207: Dont know, missed the lecture..

What a way to start uni..

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
Ling210: I love this unit! It's so interesting and the lecturer (Felicity Cox) is fantastic. It's fun reciting the phonetic alphabet! I'll probably get a Cr or D.
Ling211: The lectures are torture but the tutorials are interesting. Maybe a Cr.
Ling312: A little boring at the moment but i'm sure it'll get interesting. I'll probably get a Cr.

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

ALLLICE said:
Hist189-zzzzz zzzz zz ..the lecturer just reads her friggen slides!...while expecting us to copy them down without giving us enough time to write everything...seriously considering ditching the lectures and just downloading the slides
Sponge Bob is the worst lecturer of all time. :)

garesuka said:
HIST198: Its ok, Lorna Barrow seems like a good lecturer/tutor, just doesn't help that I don't like Medieval history :(
(See above...) Isn't the lecturer still Spongberg?

Edit: Oh wait. I don't even know the current lecturer. Trust me, she can't be worse than the Bob. =D

HSC
N/A
garesuka said:
ARTS100: Just like Year 12 art but with fancy terms. The lectures are actually quite fun, well after the powerpoint is done cause today we had a singer/songwriter perform.
FANTASTIC CHOICE OF ELECTIVE!!!

I loved arts100. Everyone's 'art' gets covered, then you do a lot of work on the Australia Council and get to submit a 'grant application'... fun times. :)

Kegs

HSC
STAT171 - blows the donkey, so be careful. Although I was expecting to fail and got a low P, so that was good.

As for Jpn221, it is awesome. The lecturers are the best. It is a big jump, but if you did yr12 Jap, then it is a much better use of time.

My stuff:
Geos251 - looks really good. Bit worried about the 3 group assignments
Geos264 - Geos and computers... will have to wait till end of week 3 for judgement
Geos325 - the best. Awesome prac that I actually enjoyed, and Richard is the really good.

iwannarock

HSC
remedies - blah

trade practices - blah

labour law - blah

i'll see how i go once i buy all the materials for them.

defering seems like a great idea..........but once i pass the census date........................i must get all ideas of defering out of my head.

i should have done media.

curse you mike.

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
Glitterfairy - ARTS100 rocks - the grants thing was fun - being able to do something real besides theory :)

Well so far for me:

MAS203: News and Current Affairs
Even from last year I thought this subject would be a total bore, approached the first lecture thinking *sigh* but then - was really surprised by the content and what we are going to be looking at in the news/current affairs so - actually really excited about this unit now...

MAS202: Introduction to Screenwriting
Sat down in the lecture, took it all in, went outside and along with friends, wanted to curl up into a little ball and die - but now I think I have recovered, not too scary and ready to take it on!

MAS212: Screen Production 1
BOOYAH! Professional film making taught by pros with pro equipment and super class! Really really excited about this unit :D

MUS202: Introduction to Music Technique
BOOYAH! Yet another mad cool practical subject - using Cubase SX3 on Apple to make music and already in a killer production team

So this semester I think will be a mixture of pressure, elation, stress and joy
In other words, treat me like a pregnant woman and you'll be fine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)